HR Project Conference Call
June 1, 2007
IPDP – STARS
Duane presented an update on the STARS project. This application is not close to being
ready. We are going to move forward with our development. We will develop our IPDP
as close to the STARS application as possible so that information will be transferable. In
the future, we will be able to have bi-directional capabilities. We will also have access to
licensure information. Donna Davis Norris and Andy Melick will continue to meet with
the STARS developers.
Bryce Tuohy will have a test version of the IPDP application ready for NCOCC to test
next week. After 3 to 4 weeks of testing, they will then open this up for other sites to
evaluate. Andy will have an update for us at the next conference call. SSDT will add
this to the demo site next week.
Feed Back – James Group Document
1. Elimination of Access Issues and Stability
Issues that individual ITCs and districts were having were discussed. Districts that
are using older MACs that are not on SSL3.0 are having problems getting connected.
SSDT will be escalating tickets to the James Group when necessary.
Some ITCs were having problems with user passwords. It was decided that only A-Z,
upper and lower case, 1-0, the underscore, and the hyphen can be used for passwords.
This will be noted on the login screen
2. Leave Request
2.1 Work flows
The James Group provided a leave request work flow document. Duane
discussed the document and it was agreed that the Group was on the right tack.
Districts will have the option of having approvers and viewers in each group.
There was a discussion of having an “auto out” function added so that an approver
can be skipped if they are out of the office.
We are to post examples of reports needed in the HR Forum by June 22nd. The
examples will be distributed to the committee and they will prioritize the reports
at the next meeting.
Document will be exportable in XML format and transferable document archival
The Group will have a USPS test export file ready by June 6th. This will be a
CSV file and users will use the USPImport option. Instruction will follow in a
couple of weeks.
The Group will turn a “flag” on so that the tables for leave entered and approved
can be exportable.
The designation on the screen for approved items will be changed. One
suggestion was approved and approved/posted.
2.4 Start and End times
There were concerns with the use of the start and end times when posting leaves.
We will need to revisit this in the future.
The leave approval screen is very confusing. Duane requested a screen shot with
the requested changes to be sent to him.
The unit on partial days needs to be specific to each district. They need to have
the option of hours or fraction of a day.
2.5 Cancel requested leave
There was a discussion of when a person should be able to cancel a leave request.
This issue will require more thought before making a decision.
3 Suggestion box
Duane created a folder in the HR Forum for suggestions/enhancements.
Districts have the ability to add more than one person to each Administrator role. In the
future, ITC personnel will be able to access all of their district’s kiosk.
The Group is working on the printable direct deposit forms now. There are currently no
year to date figures on the forms. They should be ready for release in the near future.
The document for requesting a new district to be set up on the HR kiosk should be ready
in the next two weeks.
Information Storage Agreement
Duane reviewed the agreement. When a district is set up on the kiosk, the district
treasurer will need to register and login in first. This agreement will be displayed and the
treasurer will need to read, agree, and electronically sign the agreement. SSDT will store
the agreements. The agreement will need to be signed annually and when a new treasurer
starts at a district. The treasurer will be notified two weeks before the agreement expires.
No one will be able to login to the kiosk if the agreement has expired.
A request was made to remove items 4 and 5. There is no fee involved and this may be
confusing to districts. Duane will discuss this with the attorneys.
All upgrades will be made in the windows specified in item 7. The next release will be in
2 – 3 weeks, June 12th. This will include the .CSV file and pop ups only.
The next conference call will be July 6th.
At the August 3rd meeting, we will prioritize items and set a release schedule.