KIK INDIANA - located in Elkhart, IN procures, blends, fills and packages a wide
variety of aerosol and liquid personal care products.
KIK CUSTOM PRODUCTS
PROJECT ENGINEER - AEROSOL PACKAGING/MANUFACTURING
PROJECT ENGINEER JOB # KCPINPE-08
We are searching for a bright technically talented PROJECT ENGINEER to join our
KIK INDIANA Operations Team. The Project Engineer develops, directs the execution of, and
closes out a wide variety of capital and expense projects required to ensure that the
manufacturing assets at this multi-plant site are sufficient to meet the needs of the business.
Duties include generation of machinery specifications, development of project proposals,
supervision of contractors and internal personnel in the execution of projects, and management
of project finances, to ensure that project deliverables are met on time and within budget. This
high performance individual works closely with Operations Managers, line mechanics and the
Safety Manager to ensure that projects are implemented with the utmost attention to safety and
with minimal disruption to production.
This position offers an opportunity to vastly broaden an engineer’s experience and expertise in all
aspects of consumer products manufacturing plant buildings, utility systems and machinery, in an
organization with a continuous improvement mindset.
CAPABILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS FOR SUCCESS
• Conceptualizes capital improvement projects, consults outside experts as necessary,
prepares CAPEX documents for approval, in support of safety, environmental, regulatory,
cGMP and productivity initiatives or requirements.
• Prepares drawings and bid packages for contractors or outside suppliers. Evaluates
proposals and makes recommendations to the Engineering Manager for awarding of
• Oversees or directs the management of all major capital and expense projects, ensuring
that performance, schedule and cost targets are clearly stated, carefully tracked and met
• Contact with machinery, utility systems and building materials in both production and
construction site environments, as well as clean desk work for the preparation of project
plans, budgets and financial tracking activities
• Assists the Engineering Manager with other department accountabilities, as required.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• BS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering
• At least 5 years experience in a manufacturing and/or industrial project
• Must be able to conceptualize and scope, develop requests for proposals for,
then evaluate and select among competing technologies that are suitable for
solving batching, filling, packaging and utility system issues
• Must be able to evaluate the technical competence of contractors and
equipment suppliers and to guide their activities
• A thorough working knowledge of consumer goods (liquid, personal care)
processing and packaging technology is required.
• Aerosol packaging experience is a plus, but not required
• Experience with building and utility system design and operation (including
water and wastewater) is highly desirable
• Travel is minimal, only as required to evaluate machinery, conduct factory
acceptance tests, attend trade shows, or gain experience at other KIK
• Must be skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as
project management software.
• AutoCAD experience is required, as is experience with P&ID’s and PFD’s.
• Must be a high energy, flexible, team player, readily able to coordinate with
functional department managers in an environment where production and
project needs often compete for assets and access, and change almost daily