Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Number: nest-00011227
Location: Glendale, CA
Req Number: nest-00011227
The Financial Analyst will work in a very dynamic environment where continuous improvement is
expected and will have significant interaction with the Confections and Snacks Division's Customer
Development and Finance Team. Strong communication skills, proven team focus and the ability to self
manage will be required traits for this position.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for generating and analyzing the annual performance trade
budget and providing trade spending analysis for the Confections and Snacks Operating Division. The
Financial Analyst will track, report and monitor actual trade performance against budget for various funds.
In addition, will assist in the development and implementation of standard policies and procedures related
to the set up and approval of funds.
3 to 5 years experience in finance and or accounting is required. Knowledge of financial systems used
within the organization is highly desirable (ISW, SAP, Essbase, BW). Must be proficient in standard
Windows applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Assist in the development and implementation of standard policies and procedures related to the set up
and approval of funds.
* Closely work with Customer Development Team and Divisional Finance to generate the overall trade
budget by division, ensure proper and timely set up and approval of funds.
* Monitor the trade budget and provide various trade analysis to Divisional Finance and Customer
Development Team including but not limited to the following:
a) Trade variance versus budget on a monthly basis
b) Fixed and Base Funds analysis and the impact on the P and L's
c) Annual trade spending forecast on a divisional, SBU and brand level
d) Year-to-date and annual mix analysis
e) Trade spending effectiveness
* Perform month-end close analysis and necessary journal entries
* Manage and analyze nonperformance trade.
* Other projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, with at least 3-5 years of work experience in same or related
* Public accounting experience is considered a plus.
* CPA preferred, MBA a plus.
* Candidate must possess strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills and the ability to
prioritize and effectively meet deadlines.
* Must have solid knowledge of Excel and general understanding of relational databases.