Policy and Procedure Manual
PROGRAM: Behavioral Health Services DATE ISSUED/UPDATED: 03/30/2005
SECTION: Treatment/Habilitation Process BOARD APPROVED DATE:
TOPIC: Special Admissions Populations REGULATORY REFERENCE: PBHC Contract
It shall be the policy of Monarch to offer Priority Admission to Pregnant Injecting Drug Users, Pregnant
Women and Injecting Drug Users.
1. People supported will be assessed in order to determine whether they meet the following criteria:
Special Admissions/Eligibility Criteria
• Pregnant women who use IV/injecting drugs
• Pregnant women who use substances and who are seeking treatment
• Injecting/IV drug users
2. Persons meeting one of the above criteria will be given priority for admission to outpatient services.
If through assessment it is determined Monarch cannot provide the necessary services, Monarch staff
will make every effort to refer the individual to the appropriate community providers.
3. Women who are pregnant or who have dependent children and found to be using substances will be
given the Adult SA Pregnant Women and Women with Dependent Children Checklist (see Attachment)
in order to ensure issues specific to that population are addressed or proper referrals made to
4. Priority Admission for this population will be published on the Monarch website.