Stoke Gabriel Football Club
Code Of Conduct
For Parents and Spectators
Parents/Spectators have a great influence on children s enjoyment and success in
football. Children play the game because they first and foremost love the game-its
fun! It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football at
SGFC, It is important to reinforce the message to parents/spectators that positive
encouragement will contribute to:
- Children enjoying football
- A sense of personal achievement
- Self esteem
- Improving the child’s skill and techniques.
A parent/spectator expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on the child’s
- Other players
It is important at Stoke Gabriel F.C that we ensure that parents and spectators within
the club are positive and encouraging towards all children not just their own.
- Applaud the opposition
- Avoid coaching the child during the game
- Not to shout or scream
- Respect the referees decision
- Give the attention to each of the children not just the most talented
- Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football
SGFC will ensure that parents/ spectators agree and adhere to the Clubs Code of
Conduct and Child Protection Policy.