Senior Front-End Web Developer
Cogniance is building a world-class company on a strong foundation of world-class people. As a
result of research into a number of countries around the world we have decided that the best
place to build that foundation is in Ukraine. Cogniance is a brand new company with a big vision
and where each successful employee has the chance to influence the shape of the company and
Cogniance is permanently committed to building and maintaining a world-class team. We are
offering the chance to work alongside the best people in the industry giving you the opportunity to
work as part of a software engineering team that will rival any in the world.
Cogniance Management is committed to open and honest western style of management.
Everybody has easy access to senior management and can have a direct input into schedules
and plans. Part of the fun is that you will have the chance to influence the shape of the company.
The Senior Front-End Web Developer will be expected to work on software architecture, design
and actual implementation of different functional parts of web client subsystem. He or she should
be ready and able to work closely with server side and data storage teams for general system de-
sign and optimization. He or she should be ready and able to advice on design and contribute to
server side components of the system, up to understanding data structures design and usage
The Senior Front-End Web Developer will be expected to provide training to other team members
and mentoring to junior team members. He or she should be able to line manage dynamic devel-
opment groups of 2-3 engineers on 2-4 week or longer projects. He or she will also be expected
to contribute to Cogniance processes and standards.
The Senior Front-End Web Developer must be keen to learn new skills.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• At least 2 years of experience in building Web client applications
• HTML/DHTML/XHTML/CSS programming knowledge
• Java Script programming knowledge
• Experience with development for different browsers
• Use of formal design patterns
• Use of version control systems for Java code
• Experience of large scale, client-server application
• Architecture and design of Web client components of tree-tier software platform
• Development, test and debug of application client side logic
• Contribution to architecture and design of server side and data storage structures
• Development environment configuration setup and management
• Coaching and mentoring of junior team members
• Line management of dynamic development groups
The successful candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
• Object Oriented design
• Design patterns
• Version control and issue tracking
Experience in the following areas will be advantageous but not necessary:
• Java desktop application development
• LAMP stack knowledge
• RoR/Perl/Python/PHP knowledge
• Experience of large scale, client server application
• Agile Programming methodologies
• A personal web-site/blog notable in Developers community
• A desire to present on behalf of Cogniance at industry events and seminars
Cogniance encourages flexible working practices and values results. Members of the Cogniance
team are expected to be resourceful and self motivated. The work will occasionally be difficult and
long hours may be required. Flexibility and ability to work well without direction as part of a multi-
skilled team are essential.
MS/BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred. Credit will be given for
candidates who do not have relevant degrees but can demonstrate equivalent work experience.
In the course of the fulfillment of his obligations, the Senior Front-End Web Developer must
comply with corporate ethics and policies (e.g. accountability for all property entrusted by
Cogniance).The Senior Front-End Web Developer shall also bear non property responsibility for
his obligations to be performed in due time and quality.
In addition to the rights assigned to a person in accordance with legislation in force, the Senior
Front-End Web Developer will have access to Cogniance confidential information according to
company security policy and respective documents
Location and Communication
The position is located in Cogniance development office in Kyiv, Ukraine. Successful candidates
will be engaged in core development activities closely cooperating in a team with software
architects, designers and engineers. The Senior Front-End Web Developer will report to
Compensations and Benefits
Cogniance offers excellent benefits for the right candidates including great working conditions
and office in quite Pechersk district, flexible working hours, and the chance for international travel.
The competitive salary package is reviewed quarterly, performance related bonuses are paid on
the quarterly basis. After the successful completion of probation period Cogniance Crew
Members are entitled to medical insurance package. As English language is one of the core skills
for any position we provide English classes for our staff encouraging development for striving to
If you are interested in this position, please send us detailed CV to HR@cogniance.com
with: "Senior Front-End Web Developer" in the subject line. Only successful candidates
will be contacted for the interview.