POSITION TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT, SALES AND BUSINESS
Location: San Diego
Date Posted: 2/15/08
Requisition Number: 080202.10
The Vice President of Sales and Business Development will build, manage and lead
a team focused on sales to laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, government
agencies, etc. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President will develop, implement
and drive the sales division and be a leader within the company’s senior
management team by playing a role in formulating the company’s vision for planned
growth. The successful candidate will direct business development and manage the
day to day operational sales activities to meet budget and other financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute sales plans, expanding services to existing clients and
establishing new relationships
• Grow the company’s international distribution network.
• A strong team player/leader contributing to the growth and development of a
successful team by having a positive can-do attitude
• Goal-driven: Successfully sets priorities, drives decisions and gets closure on
recommendations and issues
• Highly developed prospecting, presentation and conceptual/consultative
selling skills at the executive level
• Maintain the company’s existing operational strengths while continually
growing a highly successful service operation.
• Lead and develop the sales team in order to meet division and company
goals and generate revenue at a level that meets or exceeds corporate goals.
• Motivate and inspire a team to perform at their highest level while holding
them accountable for results and goals.
• Have creativity and innovation, find ways to do things differently but better,
and take reasonable risks.
• Provide high level customer service to existing customers as well as internal
• Participate with senior leadership to develop strategic initiatives at the
• Maintains accurate sales database
• Participates in sales calls / onsite visits and determines appropriate resources
or representation by other Biomatrica departments to "close the deal"
• Ability to cross-sell other Biomatrica products
• Stays current on market and industry trends
• Maintains and improves client satisfaction
• Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
• US Citizenship is a MUST.
• Ability to innovate and think creatively will be essential in managing and
growing the team, as well as the ability to create a collaborative and
• High personal integrity, accountability and a natural inclination to assist
others in order to create a successful environment.
• Team player who communicates effectively with people at all levels of an
organization, from customers to field reps to Board members.
• Detail oriented, well organized with the ability to multi-task in an
• Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, operations, technology
solutions, business development and strategic planning.
• Demonstrated success in a high growth market during a period of rapid
• Proven track record of closing business in strategic accounts and
achieving assigned sales quota
• Excellent organization, listening and interpersonal skills, attention to detail,
problem analysis and resolution, and written and oral communication
• Strong leadership with a “can do attitude, do what it takes” approach.
• Experience in the biotech and/or life sciences industry is preferred.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred, plus 10 to 15 years of management
experience which includes full accountability and leadership for a sales
We reward our employees with a competitive compensation plan and benefits
package that includes: medical, dental, vision, and paid time off/ holidays. Please
send your resume and cover letter and salary history to email@example.com.
(Please send attachments in MS Word format only). No relocation
reimbursement is offered for this position. For immediate consideration, please
note "Vice President, Sales and Business Development" on the Subject Line of