The victim was smoking in the living room of his first-floor apartment when he inadvertently ignited his clothing. A neighbor called 911 at 6:13 p.m. to report the blaze. When witnesses informed the firstarriving fire officer that someone might be trapped in the apartment, he ordered additional resources to the scene. He and some police officers then helped evacuate the building's remaining occupants, as the first-due engine company deployed hose lines to fight the fire.
Pages to are hidden for
"Cigarette fire kills smoker, injures two others"Please download to view full document