123 Elm Street • Joliet, IL 60434 • 815.555.5555 • email@example.com
Fundraising Accountancy • Finance Management
Experienced with Donor Relations, Business Development, Fundraising, and Endowment Management
Seasoned manager with extensive fundraising and endowment management experience. Relationship builder with
proven success in effectively nurturing connections with prominent donors. Persuasive communicator able to blend
comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial management with exceptional presentation skills. Consensus
builder adept at optimizing assignation of new gifts. Core competencies include:
• Donor Relationships • Account Management • Endowment Development
• Staff Supervision • Team Building • Financial Planning
• Non-Profit Campaigns • Procedural Development • Departmental Support
UNIVERSITY OF ABC, Joliet, IL 20xx to Present
Supervise team of three accountants tasked with managing substantial donor relationships and account base for one of
the leading university fundraising programs in the country. Partner with development and financial executives to
ensure proper tracking and stewardship of gifts. Align university needs with donors’ intentions. Establish accounts and
• Supported department that achieved number one position in the country, with fundraising efforts generating $585
million in 2002.
• Structured business requirements for critical design and reporting features of a new donor management tracking
• Instrumental in processing a donation of $120 million – the single largest donation on record.
• Provided expert support for high profile national campaigns, including a seven-year fundraising campaign that
secured $2.8 billion, placing the program within the top three in the US.
BCD FAMILY SERVICES, Joliet, IL 20xx to 20xx
Fundraising Accounting Manager
Managed all accounting functions and daily operations for all fundraising efforts, including accounts
payable/receivable, bank deposits, payroll processing, journal entries, and transactions. Oversaw wire transfers and
direct connection with the banks. Performed long/short-term financial calculations; managed budget and financial
forecasting. Produced all documentation and paperwork to be reviewed by an outside CPA. Supervised two
• Changed the accounting system and organized the reports to meet GAAP standards.
• Reduced processing delays in accounts payable and purchasing by streamlining operating procedures.
• Reorganized the filing system to increase efficiency and implemented new contact standards that successfully
strengthened relationships with donors.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL
XYZ UNIVERSITY – Joliet, IL – BBA in Accounting, 20xx
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP and Vista
Software Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Visio
Financial Software: Quicken, QuickBooks, Skyline, Jenark, Yardi