Version 2.2 – 11/09/07
Job Description - Account Director
Reports To: Company Directors
The Company: Jellyfish are an online marketing company working predominately in the publishing
sector. We create awarding winning marketing campaigns using cutting edge search
engine technologies whilst applying a deep understanding of user interaction online.
Jellyfish is renowned for its meticulous approach and attention to detail reflected in a
client list which includes prestigious names such as EMAP, Dennis Publishing, Which?
Online, Reed Business Information and Haymarket to name but a few.
Profile of Role: Through a team of Account Managers you will be responsible for the performance and
strategic direction of a varied portfolio of campaigns, with a particular emphasis on
maximising existing campaign revenue streams, whilst delivering the client’s
business and commercial objectives
Full accountability for the team and their performance in accordance with the Account
Manager job description and KPI’s.
A. Technical Responsibilities
1. Has an in depth understanding of Jellyfish’s methodologies, and internal tools, required to deliver SEM
campaigns with a Contracted CPA.
2. Has an in depth understanding of Jellyfish’s marketplace and is informed in terms of new and emerging
3. Has a working knowledge of the technologies involved in running SEM campaigns.
4. Has the requisite Project Management skills required to ensure seamless standards of service and delivery.
B. Business Management Responsibilities
1. Integral in defining account strategy to deliver sustainable, profitable growth.
2. Works closely with the Directors to identify and develop strategic opportunities for client campaigns (new and
3. Nurtures positive, collaborative working relationships with clients, colleagues and third party suppliers.
4. Accountable for the appropriation of client funds to maintain seamless and efficient campaign management.
5. Accountable for the production and presentation of client facing SEM materials (reports, studies, presentations
and quotes) to Jellyfish brand standards.
6. Achieves continuous improvement by proactively assessing Jellyfish’s working
relationships, practices and methods.
1. Demonstrates tangible success through the collective achievement of set KPIs by Account Management Team.
Job Description – Account Director Page 1
Version 2.2 – 11/09/07
D. People Management Responsibilities
1. To manage direct reports (Account Managers) effectively, ensuring that their individual performance is
acceptable, resulting in the achievement of team KPIs.
2. To take ownership for the Account Management Team’s development needs, ensuring that each team member
has a training and personal development plan.
3. To ensure that the performance and conduct of the Account Management Team is in line with Jellyfish business
processes and procedures.
4. To take ownership of people related issues within the Account Management Team in accordance with company
5. To set a professional example in behaviour, attitude and results at all times.
6. To uphold the company’s position and integrity at all time, particularly within the realms of confidentiality and
E. Skills Required
1. Strong working knowledge of the technologies involved in running SEM campaigns.
2. Is commercially astute, identifies and suggests opportunities to the Company Directors.
3. Highly analytical and data driven.
4. Strong business writing skills: produces high quality documents.
5. Demonstrates a structured and methodical way of working.
6. Exhibits a high level of attention to detail.
7. Strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills.
8. Strong customer telephone and face to face skills.
9. A confident and articulate presenter.
10. Numerate and articulate.
11. Strong software skills that support the delivery of high quality client facing documents.
D. Key Attributes
1. A self motivated individual with high levels of energy.
2. An outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm.
3. Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.
4. Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
5. Has high personal standards and promotes them in others.
6. A valued team member, who upholds Jellyfish’s values and professional integrity at all times.
Job Description – Account Director Page 2