GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
This General Power of Attorney is made by me, [NAME OF MAKER], of
_______________________________ [full address of maker], in accordance with the Powers of Attorney
Act, 1956, section 3AA on the _____ day of ______________, _______.
[If you are naming only one person as your attorney, use this paragraph.]
1. I appoint _________________________________ [insert name of the person you are naming as your
attorney] of ____________________________ [insert address] to be my attorney.
[If you are naming two people to act as your attorney, use this paragraph. Indicate whether you want them to
act jointly (together), or jointly and severally (i.e. they can make decisions together, but if only one person is
available to make a decision on your behalf, that person can do so).
1. I appoint _________________________________ [insert name of the first attorney] of
____________________________ [insert address] and ______________________ [insert name of second
attorney] of __________________________ [insert address] [choose appropriate option: jointly / jointly
and severally ] to be my attorneys.
2. I authorise my attorney/s, subject to paragraph 4, to do on my behalf anything that I may
lawfully do by an attorney.
3. My attorney/s may draw from my money or income payment for services as attorney, on the
[Set out the terms on which your attorney/s can do so. If none, state “None”.]
4. The authority of my attorney/s is subject to the following conditions and limitations:
[Here set out the restrictions, if any, on your attorney’s authority to act on your behalf. If