CONTRACT FOR PROFESSIONAL APPRAISAL SERVICES (USA)
THIS AGREEMENT made effective as of the _____ day of ______________, _______.
[NAME OF APPRAISER]
- and -
[NAME OF CLIENT]
1. Agreement: Client engages Appraiser, and Appraiser agrees to compose an Appraisal Report
with respect to the following property:
2. Preparation of Report: Appraiser shall provide to Client three (3) copies of a written
appraisal report. The appraisal report shall be prepared conforming with the Uniform
Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) of the Appraisal Foundation, and
Section 34.42 (f), Title XI of the Federal Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and
Enforcement Act of 1989 (FFIREA).
3. Authorization and Information to be Furnished: Client hereby authorizes Appraiser to inspect
the property, and agrees to provide Appraiser with all pertinent information which Appraiser
requests in connection with the assignment. If legal instructions shall be considered by
Appraiser, such instructions must be in writing, and the basis for such instruction in
applicable case law shall be provided to Appraiser.
4. Compensation: Client hereby agrees to pay Appraiser $_____________ for services rendered
hereunder, payable upon submission of monthly statements, or upon delivery of the appraisal
report. If the fee is to be paid on an hourly or daily basis, Appraiser agrees to keep accurate
time records, and to furnish Client with copies of such time records. Client acknowledges and
agrees that the fee is not contingent upon and bears no relationship to the valuation or
conclusion to be reported.
5. Retainer: Appraiser hereby acknowledges receipt of $______________ as a retainer, herein
to be credited against the compensation designated in section 4 of this agreement.
6. Completion Date: Appraiser hereby agrees to try to c