HUNTING LEASE AGREEMENT (NORTH CAROLINA)
THIS HUNTING LEASE AGREEMENT (the “Lease”) made effective as of the _____ day of
[NAME OF LANDOWNER]
- and -
Those individuals and/or organizations listed on Schedule A to this Lease, which is made a
part hereof by reference thereto
1. Lessor does hereby lease to Lessees, for the purpose of hunting [set out which game animals are
covered under this Lease] during the season established and in accordance with the laws, rules and
regulations of the (insert the name of the appropriate state fish and game department), the following
described premises located in [County] County, North Carolina:
[legal description of the land being leased]
2. The term of this Lease is for the [year] [name of game animals] hunting season, which season is
scheduled to begin on or about the _____ day of ______________, _______ and ending on or about
the _____ day of ______________, _______.
3. The consideration to be paid by the Lessees to the Lessor at [City/Town], [County] County,
North Carolina is $####.## in cash, one-half of the total to be paid on or before [date by which
deposit to be paid] and the balance to be paid on or before [date by which balance must be paid].
Failure to pay the second installment shall forthwith terminate and cancel this Lease and the
amount already paid shall be forfeited as liquidated damages for the breach of this Lease.
4. Lessees shall abide by all State and Federal laws regarding the hunting of [game animals] and shall
provide complete and accurate records of all game taken and report the same to Lessor at the end
of the hunting season.
5. If any Lessee is an organization composed of several members, the terms and conditions of this
Lease shall apply to each and every member. The terms and conditions of this Lease shall also
apply to any and all guests of the organization and its members. All members of such
organization shall be required to carry a current valid membership card while on the premises.
6. In the event any of the Lessees paying consideration for this Lease fails to execute the same, then
those Lessees executing this Lease shall be deemed as agents for such other Lessees and
responsible for all obligations hereunder imposed upon each individual Lessee. Violation of any
agreement or obligation herein by any Lessee shall cause the Lease thereupon to cease and
terminate as to all of the Lessees and their guests, and all rights granted hereunder forfeited.
7. Each of the Lessees understands and agrees that the premises leased hereunder is not leased for
agricultural and grazing purposes and, consequently, takes subject to the rights thereof. Lessees
further take subject to the rights of any oil, gas and mineral leases presently in existence on the
premises or that may be executed during the term of this Lease. Lessees and Lessor agree to
cooperate so that the respective activities of one will not unduly interfere with the other.
8. Lessees shall have the right to bring guests upon the leased premises for the purpose of hunting
[game animals] only. The total number of such guests shall not at any time exceed ______. Lessees
shall be responsible for ensuring that all guests abide by the terms and conditions of this Lease.
9. Lessees shall take the proper care of the leased premises, including all buildings thereon, and all
other improvements located thereon, and shall be liable to Lessor for any damage caused to
buildings, domestic livestock, fences, crops, trees or other property of Lessor due to the activities
of Lessees or their guests exercising privileges under this Lease.
10. Lessees further covenant that they have inspected the premises leased hereunder and they accept
the land in an “as is” condition and further, the Lessees and each of them understands that
hunting is a dangerous activity and there may be hidden hazards such as holes, fence wires,
snakes, wells, swamps, ponds, harmful plants, unauthorized careless persons on the premises,
other hunters, or other risks that may cause injury or death, and the Lessees and each of them
assume each of these risks as their joint and several responsibility.
11. Lessor assumes no responsibility for the safety of the Lessees or any of them, their guests and
invitees in the exercise of the rights granted hereunder. Lessor shall not be liable for any injury or
death incurred by any of the Lessees, their guests or invitees either while on the leased premises
or while making use of right-of-way to or from the leased premises, or while making use of any
transportation facilities which may be provided to, from or over the leased premises. Each of the
Lessees will indemnify and hold harmless the Lessor from and against any claim, loss, cost or
damage whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) for damage to property or injury to or death of
persons which may arise as a result of this Lease or the condition (whether latent or patent) of the
premises leased hereunder or from the exercise by the Lessees or any of them, their guests or
invitees of the rights granted hereunder and during the term of this Lease, whether or not
resulting or based upon in whole or in part, on the negligence of Lessor or any strict liability
imposed upon Lessor as a result of Lessor’s ownership of the leased premises or the leasing
thereof to the Lessees. If any of the Lessees are an organization, each member of such
organization will be jointly liable to indemn