ADDENDUM TO [LEASE/RENTAL] AGREEMENT
TERMS & CONDITIONS RESPECTING THE KEEPING OF PETS
Date: [date addendum is signed]
This agreement is attached to and forms a part of the [Lease/Rental] Agreement dated [date of
lease or rental agreement] between [NAME OF LANDLORD], the Landlord, and [NAME OF
TENANT], the Tenant.
The Tenant desires to keep the following described pet (the “Pet”):
in the dwelling they occupy under the [Lease/Rental] Agreement referred to above. The
[Lease/Rental] Agreement specifically prohibits keeping pets without the consent of the
Landlord. The Landlord agrees to provide consent for the Tenant to keep the Pet upon the
following terms and conditions, all of which the Tenant hereby acknowledges and agrees to.
1. The Tenant shall at all times be responsible for keeping the Pet under control.
2. The Tenant shall keep the Pet on a leash, in a pet carrier or similarly restrained at all
times when the Pet is outside of the Tenant’s [leased/rented] premises, but otherwise still
on the Landlord’s property.
3. The Tenant shall adhere to all local ordinances with respect to pets, including licensing
requirements and leash restrictions.
4. The Tenant shall not leave the Pet unattended for a period in excess of days.
5. The Tenant shall promptly and properly clean up and dispose of the Pet’s waste.
6. The Tenant shall not leave food or water for the Pet or any other animal outside of the
[leased/rented] premises, where it may attract other animals or insects, create an offensive
odor or constitute a health hazard.
7. The Tenant shall ensure that the Pet is not unduly noisy or aggressive, or causing an