PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT
1. [PURCHASER], hereinafter called the “Purchaser”, offers to purchase from [VENDOR],
hereinafter called the “Vendor”, the Property known as [address], in the County of [county],
Province of Nova Scotia (the “Property”) for the purchase price of $_________________,
subject to the Restrictive Covenants attached hereto as Schedule “B”. Applicable Blended Sales
Tax to be paid by the Purchaser on the closing date.
2. (a) The Purchaser submits this offer with $_____________ as a deposit made payable to the
Vendor to be held pending completion of this Agreement and to be credited on account of
the purchase on the closing date.
(b) The balance of the purchase price to be paid as follows:
(i) in cash on the closing date
(ii) [details of payment of balance]
3. The Vendor shall give vacant possession of Property on or before the _____ day of
______________, _______, “the closing date”.
4. The Vendor is to furnish the Purchaser with a Metes and Bounds Description of the
Property which is the subject of this Agreement and shall be allowed ten (10) days to investigate
title to the Property which the Vendor shall do at its own expense. If within that time any valid
objection to title is made in writing to the Vendor, which the Vendor shall be unable or unwilling
to remove, and which the Purchaser will not waive, this Agreement shall be null and void and the
deposit returned to the Purchaser without interest and without liability by the Vendor for any
expenses incurred or damages sustained by the Purchaser.
5. The Vendor is not required to furnish any Abstract of Title, Deed, copies of Deeds or
Evidences of Title not in their possession or control. The conveyance is to be drawn at the
expense of the Vendor and to contain the usual covenants for a Nova Scotia Warranty Deed and
the Property is to be conveyed free from other encumbrances, except for any easements,
registered restrictions or covenants that affect the property and do not materially affect the
enjoyment of the Property.
6. Taxes, rates and assessments shall be adjusted to the Closing Date. A central water
system approved by the [municipality], with laterals extended to the lot line and paving, shall be
the responsibility of the Vendor. This Warranty shall survive the closing date. There shall be no
holdback regarding this item.
7. Any tender of documents