HUNTING LEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (KANSAS)
THIS HUNTING LEASE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) made effective as of the _____ day of
[NAME OF LANDOWNER]
- and -
Those individuals and/or organizations listed on Schedule A to this Agreement, which is
made a part hereof by reference thereto
SECTION ONE - HUNTING LEASE
1. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Lessor does hereby grant to
Lessee the [exclusive / nonexclusive] right to access and hunt only the following game species
with the following weapons:
All game species with all legal firearm and archery equipment for the State of Kansas
which may be found upon and harvested from the following lands (the “premises”):
[legal description of the land being leased]
2. The initial term of this Agreement is for a period of one (1) year, commencing on [insert
commencement date] and expiring on [insert expiry date]. The Lessees shall pay Lessor the sum of
$###.## as consideration for the use of the premises for the initial term, not later than ____
[days/weeks] prior to the commencement of the initial term. If the Lessees desire to renew the
lease for an additional one (1) year term, the Lessees shall notify Lessor in writing at least thirty
(30) days prior to the expiration of the initial term and shall pay the sum of $###.## to Lessor not
later than ______ [days/weeks] prior to the commencement of the renewal term. Failure to pay
either sum described above within the time constraints set out herein releases the Lessor from
performance of this Agreement, and Lessor may relet the whole or any part of the premises
without recourse from the Lessee.
3. The Lessees shall provide the Lessor with a security deposit of $###.## (the “deposit”) on the
commencement of the lease term. Such deposit is refundable upon termination of this Agreement
if the Lessees have complied with the terms and provisions of this Agreement and no damages
have been placed upon the Lessor or the premises as a result of the granting of privileges by
Lessor hereunder or as a result of any actions of any of the Lessees, their guests or invitees.
4. Lessees shall abide by all State, Federal and local hunting regulations, including any quotas
prescribed by Lessor. Failure to follow said regulations, by any of the Lessees, their guests or
invitees may, at Lessor’s option, result in immediate cancellation of this Agreement, without
refund of all or any portion of the deposit.
5. If any Lessee is an organization composed of several members, the terms and conditions of this
Agreement shall apply to each and every member. The terms and conditions of this Agreement
shall also apply to any and all guests of the organization and its members. All members of such
organization shall be required to carry a current valid membership card while on the premises.
6. Lessees shall have the right to bring guests upon the lease premises for the purpose of hunting
[game animals] only. The total number of such guests shall not at any time exceed ______. Lessees
shall be responsible for ensuring that all guests abide by the terms and conditions of this
7. The Lessees agree to maintain proper safety procedures regarding firearms, including but not
limited to, ensuring that all firearms are unloaded while in vehicles and in the vicinity of all
buildings. Lessees shall not climb upon, hunt from or otherwise use any permanent structure
located upon the lease premises. Hunting and shooting are prohibited within 200 yards of any
occupied dwelling or within any designated safety zone.
8. Lessees shall exercise due care to prevent forest fires, and shall extinguish any fires on the lease
premises, without cost to the Lessor, if the fire occurs when the Lessees or any of them are using
the premises. Lessees shall promptly report to Lessor and the appropriate State authorities all
fires that may take place on the premises or in the vicinity thereof.
9. The Lessees agree to ensure that motor vehicles are driven only on established roads and that all
gates are left as originally found.
10. The Lessees shall be permitted to construct blinds and feeders on the premises, provided that the
Lessees remove same upon termination of this Agreement, and further provided that no blind
shall be constructed in a manner that damages any of the trees or shrubs located on the premises.
11. Lessees hereby jointly and severally covenant and agree to permit no material waste on the
premises, to remove all personal items, material refuse and litter they deposit thereon, and
particularly Lessees covenant and agree not to throw out beverage containers on the lease
premises. Trash receptacles may be placed at the designated campsite area(s) and emptied by the
Lessees at the county landfill or in county-serviced dump boxes.
12. The Lessees are jointly and severally responsible for repairing any damage caused to trees,
shrubs, crops, fences, gates, buildings, roadways or other structures, appurtenances, flora or
fauna on the premises, and for returning the premises to the Lessor in the same condition that
existed upon commencement of this Agreement. Lessees shall not cut or otherwise destroy any
living tree located on the premises without prior consent of Lessor, but they shall be permitted to
use dead wood located on the premises.
13. The rights herein granted are restricted solely to the right to hunt and shoot [game animals]. The
right to hunt and shoot is subject to any rights that the Lessor may care to exercise over the lease
premises. Agricultural and forest management activities shall at all times take precedence over
14. The Lessees, their guests and invitees shall not enter upon or hunt on any neighboring land.
15. [if lease is exclusive: The Lessor hereby agrees not to lease to or give any other person or
organization permission to access, occupy or use for recreation purposes, or hunt on the premises
during the term of this Agreement.]
16. The Lessees and each of them have chosen of their own free will to hunt on the premises, and
each of them realizes that there are inherent dangers in the sport of hunting, including but not
limited to, danger from other hunters, danger of injury from the presence or use of firearms, and
other dangers of any nature whatsoever, including bodily injury or death which may occur from
the use of hunting knives, axes, arrows and other weapons, traveling by vehicle over rough
terrain, the possibility of attack by wild animals, wading through streams or other bodies of
water, inclement weather, forest fires and other dangers associated with the uses to which the
Lessees plan to put the premises during the term of this Agreement. The Lessees and each of
them agree at all times to use extreme caution and care in protecting themselves, their property
and their guests and invitees from accident, damage or bodily injury which may result from any