Role Profile - HR Manager
Our client a leading Indian IT Company is seeking to hire an HR Manager to be based in their
UK offices in Milton Keynes. Presently, there is no HR Manager based in UK and a need has
been felt to position an experienced HR manager profile resource to manage the HR activities
in these changed circumstances.
The role of the HR Manager is as follows:
Reporting to • Head – HR Operations
Role Profile • Developing and working with the vendor eco system to fulfill
company’s hiring and staffing needs on a timely basis including
handling professional management of negotiations and
management of organizational objectives without any comprise.
Dealing with the vendors on behalf of the company will call for
requisite professional experience with a mature approach to the
• Understanding of statutory laws and their relevance and
application to the company, its employees and working
environment. Role requires inherent knowledge and/or willingness
to read, interpret, understand and consult with professional
advisors in the process.
• Foster high levels of employee engagement in the work force
through planned interventions and programs. Inputs for
improvement programs need to be generated through annual SAT
surveys. This warrants more engagement and utilization of
requisite resources to align company’s HR engagement initiatives
to improve/enhance satisfaction scores amongst the work force.
• Be responsible for effective management and administration of
Work permits under the revised system that comes into force from
October ’08 and be the company’s representative for ensuring
compliances with the provisions of law.
• Provide management coaching/mentoring and introduce career
development programs as required to members of the work force.
Ensure high levels of learning and capability building activities that
creates a “differentiator” in the workforce.
• Advise the Corporate HR function on remuneration trends in the
geography including salary adjustments that need to be made.
• Constantly review and recommend changes to HR policies and
employee benefit programs.
• Minimize unwanted staff attrition by developing a keen
understanding of issues and proactively taking corrective
actions/interventions in this regard. This will be a key
performance metric for the HR manager.
• Help create a high performance & open transparent culture and
ensure compliance with over all organizational value system.
Ensure effective roll out of global Human Resources policies and
• Be a partner to the Business Head in the management of human
Interfaces • Interface with heads of departments /senior management/HR
resources of the company
• Interface with Head of Learning & Capability building on training /
development strategy and initiatives
• Interface with HR Service Providers like :
o Insurance Providers, verification agencies
o Statutory Compliance Administrators
o Government agencies
• Interface with auditors
• Interface with Central recruitment and resourcing team
Competencies • A professional degree in HR (MBA)preferably from a premier
institute) with about 7 – 10 years of work experience
• Capability to lead the HR function in a highly dynamic and
• Experience and background of handling recruitment / employee
engagement activities and be a business partner contributing to
the challenges of people management
• Process driven approach with strong exposure to HR systems and
practices with ability to understand and interpret laws effecting
human resources management.
• Good communication and presentation capabilities of working
closely with the business to understand the pain points faced by
the employees and business in general.
• Ability to resolve conflict and take decisions in the overall interest
of the organization.
• Display personal qualities of energy, drive, patience and be a good
listener including multi-tasking skills.