In portable documents, Adobe PDF files are getting standard and most of the companies
are adopting Adobe Acrobat Reader to distribute their documents among their users. If
every person of your company is using Acrobat, then it’s very difficult for the
administrator to visit each machine every time, when he has to install the updated version
of Adobe Acrobat. EMCO Software’s Remote Administration 3.0 is an excellent tool, to
avoid the difficulties involved in the installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader on remote
machines. In this section we will guide on how you can deploy Acrobat Reader 7.0
Silently on remote machines.
To Install Acrobat reader 7.0 on remote machines:
To Install Acrobat reader 7.0 on remote machines using EMCO Remote Administration
3.0 perform the following steps:
1. The first, and most obvious step, is to obtain the installation file of Acrobat
Reader from Adobe. To download the latest version please visit :
2. File extraction process will now begin.
3. Click NEXT button on the first screen.
4. Now Click the CANCEL button.
5. A dialog box will appear asking that are you sure you want to cancel installation.
6. Click YES button.
7. Now click FINISH button to finish installation. This will finish the installation
8. To obtain the installation files go to %PROGRAMFILESFOLDER%\Adobe\Acrobat
7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU and copy all files in this folder to a Network Share.
9. Next, locate the Windows system file called msiexec.exe. It will probably be
located in C:\Windows\System. Copy and paste this file into your network share.
Note: if you have an older version of Windows 9x or Windows NT and
msiexec.exe is missing, you haven't kept up to date on the patches. To add this
feature for Windows 9x, download patch instmsia.exe. For Windows NT, the
patch you need is instmsiw.exe.
10. Now run EMCO Remote Administration 3.0.
11. Click the Job Definition Tab.
12. Click the ADD button a dialog box will appear
13. Type the Name of the job and type its Description in the respective text boxes.
Click the OK button
14. Click the Machine Queue Tab
15. Select the machines from the Machine tree shown on the left.
16. Drag machines on which you want to install Acrobat Reader, to Machine Queue
17. The added machines will appear in the machine queue.
18. Switch to the Actions Tab.
19. Select the Run Process Action from the dropdown list and click button, a
dialog box will appear.
20. Select how you want to execute the command from the Show command
21. Click the browse button and locate the Update.exe in \\ Network Sahre\Acrobat7
or type in the CMD textbox.
22. Append the command with the required parameter \msiexec.exe /I "Adobe
Reader 7.0.msi"/s /v/qn .In this command msiexec.exe is the command, that we
designates an Install, and "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.msi" is in quotes so that
Windows recognizes it all as the name of one file. In the /qn switch, the q means
'Quiet' and the n says No User Interface.
23. If you need specific permissions to install Acrobat Reader on remote machines
then check the Logon As User checkbox and type the User name and Password.
24. Click OK button.
25. The added action will appear in the actions list.
26. Click the button. This will install Acrobat Reader 7.0 on Remote