IMPORTANT STEPS TO SUCCESS USING PATHWAYS ONLINE
TECHNOLOGY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR PATHWAYS ONLINE
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher – free download from
Microsoft Internet Explorer on Microsoft's IE homepage by clicking here.
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, 7.0.5 or higher – free download from
• Printer connected to computer (optional)
• Email service to send completed forms to reader.
To install Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.5 your computer must meet these Adobe Reader 7.0.5
1. Intel® Pentium® processor
2. Microsoft® Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, Windows XP Professional or
Home Edition, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows 2003 Server,
Windows NT SP6 or 6a
3. 128MB of RAM min, 256 MB or greater recommended
Up to 90MB of available hard-disk space
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Netscape 7.1 or 8.0, Firefox 1.0 or
1. PowerPC® G4, G5 processor
2. Mac OS X v.10.2.8 or 10.3 or 10.4
3. 128 MB of RAM minimum, 256 MB or greater memory recommended
Macintosh users will need to obtain the free Adobe Reader 7.0.5 software directly
from the Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Using the Self Evaluation Guide and the Response Form
1. On the opening page of the PATHWAYS web site, choose one link from the left sidebar
called PATHWAYS Resources (Catechists for Adults, Youth, or Children). Select the
level you teach.
2. From the next screen, choose Response Form. Save this form on your computer. Click
“Save” from the “File Download” dialogue box; then in the “save in” box, choose a file
location on your computer, save the Response Form and give it a name you will
remember, e.g. M. Stroman Response Form. Close the Response Form from the CD by
clicking the X in the top right of the dialogue box.
3. Open the Response Form that you just saved in your computer. You will type your
responses to the questions from the Self Evaluation Guide in this form. As you input
answers, the questions and spaces will automatically move down to provide you with
space. IMPORTANT: Always SAVE as you go. When you are ready, minimize this
screen (top right hand corner, box with "_" in it).
4. Click the item titled “Self Evaluation Guide”. Begin reading the "Self Evaluation
Guide". The blue buttons in the middle of the bottom tool bar move you page to page
through the Self Evaluation guide document. You may also use the scroll bar on the right
side of your screen. As you read, there will be some links to the articles you need to read
(links are in red text). Click anywhere on the red text link and a new page will open
with the article you are to read. You may have to scroll down through the article to
read the assigned section.
5. Once you have read the required article, click the X in the top right corner of your
screen. This will return you to the Self Evaluation Guide focus question which names the
article you just read. When you are ready to type your response to the focus question,
minimize this screen.
6. Click the Response Form button at the bottom of your screen. This will maximize your
Response Form. Answer the question based on your reading. When your answer is
completed, SAVE the document and minimize the document again. You will be returned
to the Self Evaluation Guide page of the focus question you just answered.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 & 6 until the entire document is finished.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE AFFIRMATION & WITNESS PAGE ON RESPONSE
Circulate your completed Response Form to each individual listed on the Affirmation &
Witness page of the Self Evaluation guide.
The Pastor/Pastoral Coordinator, Catechetical Leader and mentor are asked to
write a simple statement of affirmation to recognize your efforts to develop your
ministry as catechist.
The Pastor/Pastoral Coordinator, Catechetical Leader are not required to read all
of your responses in your guide, but to recognize that you have completed your
Your mentor is invited to read through your responses as a support to you.
You are asked to write a simple statement reflecting on what this journey of
formation has meant to you.
Then send the entire Response Form and Affirmation & Witness page to your
Email If you have access to email you can send circulate your completed Response
Form to the individuals on the Affirmation & Witness page via email. Follow
these simple steps.
Send your completed Response Form as an attachment in an email to the first
This person can open your guide, type in their statement, save the guide and
forward the email back to you.
Send your completed Response Form to one person at a time, so each one keeps
adding to the sheet and sending it back to you for you to send it on to the next
until it is complete.
Then, email your completed form as an attachment to your assigned Reader.