UVM EXTENSION CE-6
4-H DRIVER SAFETY RULES
1. All accidents must be reported immediately to the responding police department
and the designated 4-H faculty/staff member.
If an accident occurs on campus, UVM Police must also be notified.
2. Drinking, possession of intoxicating liquor, illegal drugs in vehicles, or driving
under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
3. 4-H volunteers shall only use vehicles that are legally registered and inspected.
4. Driver must be in possession of a valid driver’s license at all times when
operating a vehicle as a UVM Extension 4-H volunteer and carry minimum
automobile liability limits of $100,000/$300,000.
5. Horseplay or fighting of any kind is prohibited while driving a vehicle.
6. Driver shall observe all rules and regulations for safe driving as defined by the
State of Vermont Motor Vehicle Department.
7. 4-H Volunteers or Staff may not drive a 15 seat passenger van due to safety
concerns. The largest van permissible to transport youth for 4-H matters is a
12 seat van.
I have read, understand and will abide by the above Driver Safety Rules.
Name: _______________________________________ Telephone: ____________________
City State Zip
Signature: ___________________________________ Date: ___________________________