Docstoc

November - TIGER POINT PARK BOAR

Document Sample
November - TIGER POINT PARK BOAR Powered By Docstoc
					                           TIGER POINT PARK BOARD, INC
                                   P.O. Box 6241
                                Gulf Breeze, Fl, 32563

Attendance
Present        Tom Dorsey                  Tiger Point Sports Association Board    President
Present        Robert Davies               Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Vice-President
Present        Shane Player                Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Secretary
Present        Larry Carter                Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Treasurer
Present        Eric Bryant                 Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member
Present        Mac Humphrey                Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member
Absent         John Jarvis                 Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member
Present        Lillian Ewens               Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member
Present        Tim Mulroy                  Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member
Present        Doug Senn                   Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member
Present        Ducky Wing                  Tiger Point Sports Association Board    Board Member




TIGER POINT PARK BOARD, INC. dba Tiger Point Sports Association

          Minutes for the November 06, 2007 meeting held at Tiger Point Park in the portable
          building, Gulf Breeze, Fl 32563

OPENING
Mr. Dorsey called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm

Discussion of Previous Meeting Minutes:
Minutes from August 21, 2007 meeting reviewed by Mr. Player. Mr. Davies made motion to
put minutes into record. Mrs. Ewens 2nd. Vote to put minutes in the record.

                           [FOR = 7 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 3]

Treasurer’s Report:
Mr. Carter reviewed budget. It looks like we will end the year at about a break even. Mr.
Bryant asked that the board consider splitting Bayside paint and misc. costs. Mr. Dorsey
asked to hold conversation until soccer report. Mrs. Ewens made a motion to put minutes
into record. Mrs. Wing 2nd. Vote to put minutes in the record.

                           [FOR = 7 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 3]



Park Improvements:



                                              1
Still having an issue with lights being left on. Will need to look at hard timers after January.
Paint sprayers are in good shape. Additional sheds needed. Nothing has been done. Perhaps
we incorporate the possible PBS&J work. Tom Dorsey will talk to Tim Mulroy about
working with Optimist to build a building or have their additional building donated.

Fall Scheduling Committee:
No report

Baseball Report:
Mtg. on 11/11 to discuss tourney baseball, clinics and registrations. Clinics coming up; Gulf
Breeze 11/19 and 11/20. May have Dole Clinic Feb. 23 and 24. Mr. Robinson discussed
clinic from last February. He needs to get a commitment on dates so that the word about the
clinic can be spread. Also, need to discuss cost for hosting. Mr. McGaugh would like to see
that clinic as well as perhaps Pete Deleratta could host a clinic for new coaches. A motion
was made to charge $5/player or $250 which ever is greater. Mr. Davies made a motion to
accept proposal. Mr. Humphrey 2nd.

                          [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]

Mr. Humphrey made a presentation pertaining to a field maint. mgr. Mr. Humphrey has a
retired gentleman that will line all baseball and softball field before each game. He will also
keep weeds off clay and drag field. The cost will be $100/week. A total of approx. $1700.
Mr. Player made a motion to accept Mr. Humphrey’s proposal. Mr. Davies 2 ND. Two issues
to consider: taxes and medical liability. Prototype trash cans will be ordered at a cost of
$600 or $150/piece. Mr. Dorsey mentioned that Home Front Hugs has stated a $1000
donation will be given to the park to help with playground improvements. It might be
possible to use this $1000 to pay for these prototype trash cans. The generous gift was given
by a Tiger Point resident that would like to see improvements to the playground as well an
improvement to trash containment. This would be a nice opportunity to do both.

Soccer Report:
Mr. Bryant asked that TPSA split a total bill of $2400 to pay for paint, net repairs, etc… w/
Bayside. Mr. Carter mentioned this type of cost has been shared in the past. Mr. Davies
made a motion that board pay ½ of the Bayside bill. Mrs. Ewens 2 nd.

                          [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]

Mr. Bryant mentioned the upcoming Bayside soccer clinic. He asked what the charge would
be to hold clinic at TPSA. Mr. Carter made a motion that Bayside be charged $200 for
clinic. Mrs. Ewens 2nd.

                           [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]

The 2nd treatment of Lawn master is scheduled. Mr. Humphrey will talk to new field mgr.
about helping as turf mgr. We have spent approx. $3500 on fields with Lawn Master we
need a comprehensive plan to ensure future issues don’t arise. Mrs. Wing made a motion to
go ahead with the $900 2nd treatment. Mr. Davies 2nd.


                                               2
                         [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]

Football Report:
Midgets are still in playoffs. They play Navarre on Saturday at 6:30pm. Also, the 11-12 yr.
old cheerleaders won the cheer competition in Pace week end before last. . The 9-10 yr. old
group won 2nd in their age group. Congratulations!

County and TPSA Light Update
Basketball and tennis are to be set-up on separate meter. New security lighting and
playground will also be billed to county. We will get the first power bill January. The board
must decide how to pay the bill. Doug, Tim, Tom, Lillian, and Larry will form the 2008
budget committee. They will consider how to add light charges and possible field maint.
Charge for TPSA members next year.

Growth and Planning Committee:
No news from PBS&J or county.

Softball Report:
No report.

By-Laws Committee:
Mr. Player reviewed the changes made to TPSA by-laws. Most notably, in 2008 we will
have TPSA members for the first time. Member numbers will be given starting in December
2007. Each member family will have one vote for board members. Original 2000 by-laws
did not have voting members. We will have first TPSA board elections in November of
2008. Five board seats will be open. More details will be shared with TPSA members in
mid-2008. New by-laws will be emailed to all board members. A vote yes or no will be
taken. TPSA must have 100% in favor to put new by-laws into effect. The goal is to have
new by-laws in place 12/1/07.

TPSA Board Members:
There are a number of present board positions that have expired and one that for all intent
and purposes has been vacated. Mr. John Jarvis has been inactive for most of 2007. Mr.
Player made a motion that Mr. Jarvis’s be replaced. Mr. Humphrey 2 nd.

                         [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]



Due to other commitments Robert Davies and Larry Carter have resigned their positions.
Thanks to both of them for all their work and effort. This created three TPSA board
positions to fill. Mr. Robert Davis nominated Donnie Wilson to fill his vacancy. Mrs. Ewens
2nd.

                         [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]



                                              3
Mr. Shane Player nominated Mrs. Joy Shultz to replace Mr. John Jarvis. Mr. Senn 2nd.

                          [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]

The seat left open by Mr. Larry Carter will be filled at the next TPSA board meeting. There
were three nominations; Mike Werner, Mary Kolokouris, and Ken Robinson. Other
nominations will be accepted at the next meeting. Also, all officer positions will be filled or
re-elected at the next meeting.

New board members and terms as follows;

    Last              First          Term Ends    Replaces     Office
 Humphrey          Mac                    8-Nov
 Shultz            Joy                    9-Nov John Jarvis
 Mulroy            Tim                    8-Nov
 Open                                     9-Nov
 Dorsey            Tom                    9-Nov               Pres.
 Ewens             Lillian                8-Nov
 Player            Shane                  9-Nov               Sec.
 Bryant            Eric                   8-Nov
 Wilson            Donnie                 9-Nov Robert Davies
 Senn              Doug                   8-Nov
 Wing              Ducky                  9-Nov
Mr. Carter made a motion to adjourn meeting. Mr. Davies 2nd. Meeting adjourned 9:05 pm.

                          [FOR = 9 AGAINST = 0, ABSENT = 1]

Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, December, 10, 7:30pm.




                                              4

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Stats:
views:3
posted:5/16/2010
language:English
pages:4