orthopAediC MediCine StudieS Current StudieS noVeMBer AnSWerS
1. Since the original description of this condition in the knee by Konig (1889), a
no inflammatory aetiology has been elucidated
2. It has also been confused with _________ disease, or osteochondrosis, a c
disease of the ossification centre of the capitellum that has a relatively benign
and self-limited course.
3. In OD, which additional complaints may also be present? d
c. Sudden “giving way,” especially with load bearing
d. All of the above
4. Treatment options for OD vary from a total cessation of any irritating activities a
to immediate surgery.
5. Patients with disruption of the articular cartilage cap should be managed b – False. Patients with disruption
nonoperatively. of the articular cartilage cap may
a. True still be managed nonoperatively.
6. If operative management is indicated, the OCD lesion is best visualized via a c
superior posterior-lateral portal with a ___° arthroscope.
7. Techniques for permanent stabilization have been described, and may include e
which of the following?
a. Herbert-Whipple screw fixation
b. Retrograde suturing
c. Cancellous screws
d. Bioabsorbable implants
e. All of the above
8. Failure to return to sport at the preinjury level is quite common, occurring a
10 to 20% of the time in the best case series.