1 of 2
STUDENT ATTENDANCE ACCOUNT
(MISSING AND ABSENT CHILDREN)
The parent/guardian of a student at the time of his/her initial entry to the Huber Heights City
School District shall present to the building principal or his/her designee:
1. A copy of the student's original birth certificate.
2. A copy of necessary school records for proper placement.
3. Home telephone number.
4. Work telephone number of parent/guardian.
5. Home address.
6. Emergency telephone -numbers.
Should for some reason a parent/guardian of a student enrolling not be able to provide this
information to the school, the following procedure will be followed:
1. The student will be admitted to school.
2. The parent/guardian will be informed that the school must notify the law enforcement
agency of that jurisdiction that records are missing.
3. The parent/guardian of the student will have 14 school days to provide the school with
requested records. After 14 days, the law enforcement agency will be notified to complete the
necessary investigation for missing children.
4. If the student does not return the emergency medical form, then he/she will not be
permitted to participate in field trips or student activities.
Reporting Absence - By Parents/Guardians
Should a student be absent from school, it is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to notify the
1. If a student has knowledge that he/she will be absent prior to that day, a note stating the
reason for the absence and the dates of the absence signed by his/her parent/guardian should
be presented to the building principal or his/her designee.
2. Should a student be absent from school the parent/guardian should notify the school prior
to 10:00 A.M. of that day.
2 of 2
If a student is absent from school and his/her parent/guardian fails to notify the school, the
following procedure is to be as followed:
1. The principal or his/her designee will call the parent/guardian to advise him/her of his/her
child’s absence from school.
2. If the parent/guardian does not have a phone or cannot by reasonable action be
contacted by phone, the school shall notify the parent/guardian in writing advising of the
Approved by Board: July 25, 1996