IT Equipment Borrowing Policy and Loan Form
Equipment Borrowing Policy
BORROWERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT
EQUIPMENT THAT IS NOT PICKED UP WITHIN THE ONE HOUR OF THE BOOKED TIME MAY BE
LOANED TO OTHERS.
A MINIMUM OF <INSERT NUMBER OF DAYS/WEEKS> ADVANCE NOTICE IS REQUESTED TO
ENSURE EQUIPMENT AVAILABILITY.
1. IT Equipment may be borrowed:
• By: [Specify who in your organization is eligible to borrow equipment and any priorities
that might exist.]
• For the use of: [Specify the uses for which your equipment can be borrowed (e.g.
research, instruction, presentations, practicum use).]
• For the period of: [Indicate borrowing time for equipment. Also indicate condition for
which equipment may be borrowed for longer periods of time if applicable.]
NOTE: BORROWING TIMES MAY BE SHORTENED AT ANY TIME IN CASE OF SIGNIFICANT
2. To borrow IT equipment, proper identification must be presented:
• [Specify whether identification will need to be shown at the time of equipment sign-out
or pick-up. List the specific pieces of identification that needs to be produced.]
3. Privileges to borrow IT equipment may be revoked or suspended due to the following:
• Repeatedly returning equipment late.
• Returning equipment that is damaged or otherwise not complete or in good condition.
• Repeatedly not picking up booked equipment.
4. For a full list of IT equipment available for borrowing, please contact [insert contact name
and method of contact] or visit [insert location where list is located].
5. To book required IT equipment, visit [insert department and room number], use the online
form located [insert location of online form], or send an e-mail to [insert appropriate e-mail
6. If any assistance is needed for setting up or using the borrowed IT equipment, please contact
[insert name and contact information].
7. The following form should be completed by the IT department and the borrower prior to any
equipment being removed from the IT department.
IT Equipment Loan Form
Name: ______________________________ Department: __________________________________
Phone Number: ______________________ E-mail Address:_______________________________
Department Head: __________________________
Equipment Information: _______________________________________________________________
Reason equipment is being borrowed: ____________________________________________________
Location where borrowed equipment will be used: __________________________________________
Terms of Loan:
The equipment indicated above is the property of <insert organization name> and is to be used only for the
purposes indicated in the borrowing policy.
Period of loan: From ___________________________ To ______________________________
Restrictions of use: __________________________________________________________________
□ I have read and understand the equipment borrowing policy detailed above.
□ I understand that I am responsible for damage or loss of the above equipment while it is in my care,
custody, and control.
Signature of borrower: __________________________________ Date:_______________________
Authorized by: ____________________________________ Date:___________________________
IT Department Representative
Complete upon return of loaned equipment:
I, _______________________________ (print name), acknowledge receipt and inspection of the
equipment listed above.
Signed: _______________________________________ Date:________________________________
Info-Tech Research Group tools and template documents are provided for the free and unrestricted use of
subscribers to Info-Tech Research Group services. You can use this document either in whole, in part, or as
a basis and guide for your own documents. To customize this document with your own corporate marks
and titles, simply replace the Info-Tech Information in the Header and Footer fields of this document.
TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT PROCEDURES
The Technology Department has equipment available for meetings, seminars and professional
development. The equipment is for district use only. The equipment consists of the following:
The procedure for borrowing District Technology Equipment is as follows:
• Contact the Technology Department at ext. 8680 one week in advance to reserve the equipment.
• Two forms of identification will be needed to sign out the equipment (i.e. school identification
card and driver’s license).
• The person who signs the equipment out will be held responsible for the equipment.
• Equipment can only be borrowed for two days.
• Equipment cannot be borrowed over long weekends, during school break or holidays.
• Equipment is available for picked up and return during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• For equipment set-up you must notify the Technology
Department at ext. 8680 one (1) week in advance to schedule set-up.
• Equipment must be returned in good condition.
District Technology Equipment is for use by District employees only.