Simferopolska Street 19/40
Tel.: +380 67 2857932
Fax: +380 562 398730
April 23, 2007 E-mail: email@example.com
Dear Job Poster,
Your posting for an experienced English-Russian translator grabbed my
attention since translation is my specialty. I have done written and oral
translation for translation agencies, and for individual clients.
University-grade education in translation and more than 15 years of full time
experience will give you speed and realiability you seek when you
outsource Russian translation projects.
You can use my skills with the following assignments:
• Written translation from English into Russian language
• Russian translation proofreading
• Russian translation editing
• Desktop publishing (English, Russian, Ukrainian)
I am sending this cover letter and the enclosed resume to introduce myself
and my skills to you. I'd welcome being considered for the remote job
openings you have.
If I can provide you with any further information on my background and
qualifications, please let me know.
Page 1 of 3
April 23, 2007
Personal Valeriy Legotin
Tel.:+380 67 2857932
Fax:+380 562 398730
Objective To utilize my skills, experience and interests in translation, proofreading,
editing, and desktop publishing.
Full time translator/editor
• Full-time translation, software localization and proofreading for translation agencies
and individual clients. Desktop publishing.
2003–2001 MASTER GROUP
International Sales and Purchase manager
• Responsible for international sales and purchase contracts management and CRM.
2001–1994 DNIPRO TRANSLATION AGENCY
• Translation, proofreading
• Responsible for automotive technical documentation translation and automotive
Education • Linguistic: Kiev National University: Master of Arts in translation, graduate 1984
• Sales and Marketing: (DOOR INTERNATIONAL, Poland): Training, 1998
• Engineering: High Torque Drives and CNC control (Training)
Working • Source: English (Primary); French (Secondary)
• Target: Russian (Native); Ukrainian (Secondary)
Page 2 of 3
April 23, 2007
Translation experience in the following areas:
Skills • Engineering: electrical, electronics, mechanical
• Computer: (hardware and software)
• Industrial: energy generation (gas turbines), oil and gas (pumps and vessels), mining
(grids and crushers).
• Business and Marketing
Proofreading and editing:
• Solid backround in translation QA
• MS Word, FrameMaker, other
CAT tools •
• Foreign Desk
• Microsoft Helium
• Adobe Acrobat
• Adobe FrameMaker
• Adobe Illustrator
• ABBY FineReader 8
• SDL Trados 7.5
Permanent ADSL Internet connection
Dual Display PC 3700 MHz CPU / 2Gb RAM
References Translation samples and professional references from translation agencies and
individual clients available on request.
Page 3 of 3