CAPP 305 Midterm Examination (C) - SAMPLE
(Actual exam contains 50 questions)
1. You use VB's Project Window to enter computer instructions into your application.
2. When you let your mouse linger a moment over one of the controls in the Toolbox, a pop-up menu appears to
3. In naming a horizontal scroll bar control, it is customary to use the prefix hsb.
4. If one loop is placed inside another, it is said to be nested.
5. An example of a low-level language is BASIC.
6. Visual Basic is an example of a procedure-oriented language.
7. With the OR operator, both test conditions must be true for the expression as a whole to be true.
8. You can use either the ampersand (&) or the plus (+) sign when combining or concatenating one string to
9. Programming loops are associated with the term iterations because they permit code to be repeated under a
variety of conditions.
10. Adding an event procedure to a control is done by clicking the control once to open its Code Window.
11. In Visual Basic, a module _______.
a. is a type of project
b. is a container for forms or controls
c. is always associated with a form
d. none of the above
12. Which of the following is a part of the basic Visual Basic design process?
a. Problem definition and analysis
b. Cost justification
c. Scheduling the completion date
d. Preparing computer instructions