UMD 621 – Pollution Prevention /Good Housekeeping BMP
Title: Swimming Pool Maintenance
Addresses Minimum Measures: I Public Education and Outreach
III Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
VI Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping
Target Audience: University Employees
Description: Swimming Pool draining and maintenance procedures for pool and filtering
Measurable goals: Timeline:
1. Review current Draining and • April 2003
filter maintenance practice
2. Develop procedure for draining • July 2003
pool, cleaning of the filter, and
disposal of debris
3. Review procedure with staff • August 2003
4. Implement • August 2003
• Review pool maintenance requirement applicable with staff.
• Write procedure.
• Create procedure manual (brochure) and post in pool mechanical room.
• Review procedure with staff.
Responsible Party: UMD Storm Water Steering Committee
Contact: UMD Facilities Management (218) 726-8262