POST NUMBER: AF RESCPO 0080
CLOSING DATE: 15 MAY 2010
HEADQUARTERS / UNIT: HQ ISAF
LOCATION: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT PAYROLL/STAFF RELATIONS
GRADE: ICC IIA
The benefit package includes:
- € 5017.00 monthly salary, tax-free in the host country.
- € 74.04 per day spent in the Theatre
(€ 42.31 Hazard allowance + € 31.73 austere living allowance).
- Installation allowance equal to one-month salary
(50% to be reimbursed if not completing two consecutive years of service).
- Accommodation in the Camp, free of charge.
- Meals of good quality available to purchase.
- Laundry at nominal charge.
- Two days of annual leave per month.
- Start of Tour & End of Tour paid transportation.
- 5 + 2 days “Leave from Theatre” plus reimbursement of ticket
up to € 1,000.00 for every 6 months spent in the Theatre.
- Medical Insurance from Van Breda International, small fee charged.
PART II – CE DUTIES
A. Post Context:
The Civilian Personnel Office is the focal point for all matters pertaining to the
recruitment, administration, management, employment, remuneration, and discharge of
international and locally hired civilian personnel employed in ISAF Theatre and, when
required, for common funded NATO activities in theatre.
B. Reports to:
Manager Payroll/Staff Relations, CPO
C. Principal Duties:
Responsible to the Manager Payroll/Staff Relations for all duties and responsibilities,
including but not limited to:
1. Maintains the archive and gathers data to update the ISAF CPO Payroll/Staff
2. Provides and enters inputs into the integrated HR database for the timely
production, accurate calculation, execution and accounting for the monthly HQ
ISAF civilian payroll and allowances. Stand-in for Manager Payroll/Staff Relations
for Payroll calculation, where required.
3. Maintains security clearances and sends requests for extensions to relevant
4. Administers Staff Clearances for NATO International Civilians deploying to ISAF
5. Records leave requests and informs ICC staff on current leave status.
6. „In-Process‟ ICCs on arrival in ISAF Theatre – processing documentation for
Contract, reimbursement of travel costs, pre-deployment medical examinations
The above duties are conducted/delivered throughout the ISAF Theatre and there is a
requirement to travel and stay overnight for some periods (normally no longer than 7
nights per calendar month) within Afghanistan outside of ISAF HQ, Kabul. Travel will be
via military flights and accommodation transitory in nature.
D. Additional Duties:
1. Acts as ISAF CPO Duty Officer on a rotational basis.
2. Performs other related duties as directed.
PART III – QUALIFICATIONS
A. Essential Qualifications:
Minimum 3 years of civilian personnel/human resources management experience.
Higher Secondary education and relevant vocational training.
3. Security Clearance.
National Security Clearance
4. Language. (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing):
English: Good - SLP 3333
NOTE: Both oral and written work in this post and in the ISAF Headquarters is
conducted in English.
5. Standard ADP Knowledge.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software – MS Word, MS Excel
and a basic understanding of the operations of database systems – MS Access.
B. Desirable Qualifications:
a. Previous experience in a NATO Military Body / International Organisation.
b. Membership of professional/accredited civilian personnel/human
resources body – e.g. CIPD
a. Vocational training/training in Human Resources/Personnel Administration.
b. Professional qualification in civilian personnel /human resource
management – e.g. CIPD
a. English: Very Good - SLP 4444
C. Civilian Post:
1. Personal Attributes:
a. Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
b. Ability to take a logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
2. Managerial Responsibilities:
3. Professional Contacts:
On an as required basis maintains regular professional contact with HQ
ISAF Branches that affect daily operations at all levels to resolve
problems and to exchange information and in particular:
a. ICC and LCH staff, supervisors for civilian personnel administration.
b. CJ4 JTMS Travel Cell for duty/leave travel and Visa issues.
c. CJ8 Fiscal Office/Disbursement Office for financial issues.
d. CJ2 Security Officer for Security Clearance issues
4. Contribution to the Objectives:
a. The incumbent provides the highest level of ISAF CPO customer service
and support to ISAF Theatre civilian employees/visitors and chain of
5. Work Environment:
a. Fast-paced, multinational, multicultural environment.
b. Living conditions in Kabul are rudimentary and lodging is arranged in the
- Only applications from candidates meeting all essential requirements and possessing
valid certificates/ diplomas will be taken into consideration.
- The successful applicant is required to be proactive in providing the pre-deployment
documents. These include a full medical pack, with supporting reports and signed off by
- In addition, confirmation is required that the candidate holds a valid NATO Secret
security clearance; this can take sometime and should be initiated as soon as the offer of
employment is received.
- Contract issued for 12 month period (re-newable).