Packing Instructions for kit number PK-ETALL SERIES
** Indicates year of production
IMPORTANT WARNING! This packing instruction details correct assembly of this packaging design. Deviation may result in
non-compliance and voiding the certification. ICC The Compliance Center Inc is not responsible for any packagings using substitute
components or assembled incorrectly. If further information is required, please contact ICC The Compliance Center Inc at 1-800-767-
7231. For shipping under D.O.T Special Permit refer also to “D.O.T-SP 10962 (13th revision)”. This packaging design is suitable
for shipping tih/pih and pyrophoric materials under this exemption.
SHIPPERS RESPONSIBILITY includes ensuring that inner containers and absorbent materials are compatible with the
contents, and for AIR SHIPMENT, that inner containers for liquids are capable of meeting a minimum internal pressure differential
of 95kPa without leakage. Some volatile liquids may require a higher test pressure. See ICAO Technical Instruction 4;1.1.6 or IATA
PACKAGING COMPONENTS: (See Figure 1).
Item number Description Quantity
1. BX-54E Outer box One
2. BX-54EINSER Corrugated Insert One
3. MT-PCTL Tall Steel Paint Can with Lid One
(Tested to 100kPa with RL-CJ6 Ringlok)
4. RL-CJ6 Gallon Ringlok One
5. BI-BSS11 7” x 24” 4mil Barrier Bag One per inner
**GL-HW32 32oz w/m Glass Bottle One
**CP-70MM Phenolic Cap with Teflon Seal One
6. AB-AP4 7” X 7” Vermiculite Pillow Two
7. AB-AP3 10” X 18” Vermiculite Pillow One
8. EK-letter DOT-SP 10962 Rev.13 letter One
Other Acceptable Absorbent Materials:
Item Number Description Quantity
1. AB-AP1 10" x 18" Polypropylene Pillow. One AND
2. AB-AP2 7" x 7" Polypropylene Pillow. Two OR
3. AB-Vermicul Loose Vermiculite Fill all void space
**Any glass, metal or plastic inner container(s) may be used if assembled in accordance with this instruction.
Do not exceed a maximum gross weight of 4.4 kilograms (9.7 pounds) as marked on box. The combined gross
weight of the inner containers must not exceed 2.75 kilograms (6.05pounds). Maximum liquid capacity one(1)
PACKAGING ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Fold in bottom flaps of box, ensuring that flap-ends point in center of box. Fold the other two flaps and secure center seam with
one(1) strip of 48mm wide, 3M #305 clear packing tape or 1 strip of Central Brand reinforced Kraft Tape or equivalent extending
beyond each edge by at least 2"(inches) (see figure 3).
2. Assemble insert by pushing in appropriate bottom tabs, and place insert in box (in the form of a diamond) with box flap-ends
pointing up in center of insert. (See Figure 2 thru 4).
3. Do not completely fill inner container(s) with liquid. Leave sufficient space in container(s) for expansion. (See 49 CFR 173.24(h)
or IATA 220.127.116.11). Tightly secure the cap of each inner container to prevent leaking.
4. Place each inner container in a 4mil Barrier Bag and gooseneck and tightly knot bag closed. (See Figure 5).
5. Wrap the large pillow around container/bag assembly and secure by positive means. (If using loose absorbent/cushioning, see
step 7.) (See Figure 6).
6. Place one small pillow (or at least 3/8” (inch) of loose absorbent/cushioning) in bottom of can. (See Figure 7).
7. Place container/pillow assembly in can. (If using loose absorbent/cushioning, make sure at least ¾” (inch) of
absorbent/cushioning surrounds each inner container.) (See Figure 8).
8. Place one small pillow (or at least 3/8” (inch) of loose cushioning/absorbent material) in can over inner container(s). If using
loose cushioning/absorbent, make sure all void spaces are filled. (See Figure 9).
9. Secure lid on can, then secure Ringlok on can/lid assembly. Make sure Ringlok snaps completely and evenly in place.
(See Figure 10).
10. Place can assembly into corrugated insert and push in appropriate insert-tabs to secure can. (See Figure 11).
Page 1 of 2
EK-5.5L Series – Continued.
11. Close top flaps of box and seal center seam as described above in step 1. Ensure that box flap-ends point down in center of
insert. (See Figure 12).
12. Mark and label each package in accordance with the appropriate regulations. At least one (1) set of UN markings and two (2)
orientation arrows must be shown on each package.
Figure 2 Figure 4
figure 3: cut away view for display purpose only – the side of the box was cut away and the
insert does not have this notch cut out
Figure 5 Figure 6. Figure 7. Figure 8
Figure 9. Figure 10. Figure 11. Figure12.
Page 2 of 2