MB Personal Online Banking FAQs
1. What can I do with MB Personal Online Banking?
2. What is External Aggregation?
3. How much does MB Personal Online Banking cost?
4. Can I use MB Personal Online Banking outside the U.S.?
5. How do I sign up for MB Personal Online Banking?
6. How can I view my external accounts balances and information?
1. Are e-mail transmissions secured?
2. What type of Internet protection does the service have?
3. What makes one browser more secure than another?
4. Why does Manufacturers bank require 128-bit encryption?
5. How do I know if my MB Personal Online Banking session is encrypted?
1. What if I can’t log in to the system?
2. What If I forget my User ID or password?
3. Whom can I contact for technical support assistance?
4. What if I cannot access www.manufacturers-ca.com?
1. How does Manufacturers Bank protect my privacy?
2. How do I know that the information you have about me is correct?
3. What can I do to protect my personal information?
MB PERSONAL ONLINE BANKING
1. What browsers are certified for MB Personal Online Banking?
2. Where can I get more detailed information about MB Personal Online Banking
system and browser settings?
3. What if I forget to log out of MB Personal Online Banking?
4. If I select the Messages option in MB Personal Online Banking is the
5. What if I have additional questions about MB Personal Online Banking?
6. What time zone are my transactions processed in?
1. What is Bill Pay?
2. What is Bill Presentment?
3. To whom can I make payments?
4. How are the payments made?
5. What types of accounts can I make payments from?
6. When does the money for a payment come out of my account?
7. How long does it take for a payment to reach the recipient?
8. How much does Bill Pay cost?
1: What can I do with MB Personal Online Banking?
A: MB Personal Online Banking allows you to
• View your account balances, transaction histories and images of checks paid.
It also enables you to view your account balances at other financial
institutions, with our optional External Aggregation Service.
• Download account history information to your personal financial management
(Quicken®, Microsoft Money® and CSV)
• Transfer funds between eligible deposit accounts
• Place stop payment orders
• Set-up personal reminders and alerts
• Exchange secure messages with the bank support personnel
2: What is External Aggregation?
A: External Aggregation is a service that will give you the ability to view and manage
all your financial accounts across multiple institutions in one location. You can easily
check your most recent transactions like credit card purchases or bank deposits while
also managing your local Manufacturers Bank accounts.
There is no extra charge for External Aggregation.
The External Aggregation service is an optional service provided by Yodlee, Inc., an
independent company. For information about Yodlee’s privacy and security policies,
3: How much does MB Personal Online Banking cost?
A: Personal Online Banking is free and includes unlimited access to view your
account information, make transfers between Manufacturers Bank accounts, view
images of your paid checks and bank statements, view accounts at your other
financial institutions, place stop payments and download transactions to your
Other charges, such as stop payment and check reorder fees, still apply.
4: Can I use MB Personal Online Banking outside the U.S.?
A: Yes, if you have an internet connection to access the service.
5: How do I sign up for MB Personal Online Banking?
A: Download and print the sign up form. Complete it fully and make a copy for
yourself. Take the completed form to your MB Banker or mail it to:
Attn: Customer Contact Center
515 S. Figueroa St. 4th floor
Los Angeles, Ca 90071
6: How can I view my external account balances and information?
A: You must first enroll to view external accounts. On the lower portion of the
Balances page, you will see an Enroll button. After clicking the Enroll button a legal
agreement page will show for your review and acceptance. Please read the
agreement, print a copy for your reference and click I Accept button. Now, you are
ready to add external accounts. For step by step instruction please click on Enroll to
view external Accounts in Help menu.
1: Are e-mail transmissions secured?
A: E-mail transmissions are not a secure method of communication. For your
protection, please do not send private account or personal information via e-mail.
However, if you communicate with bank support personnel using Messages, your
communication will be encrypted for security.
2: What type of Internet protection does the service have?
A: We are committed to provide you safe and secure online services. We are
confident that our internal security infrastructure, requiring 128-bit domestic grade
encryption, will provide privacy and security to the transmission of your account and
transaction information through the Internet.
3: What makes one browser more secure than another?
A: Browsers offer varying degrees of security, particularly in regard to encryption:
• Some browsers allow you to encrypt information, so that the information is
scrambled as it passes over the Internet.
• Some browsers offer more secure forms of encryption than other browsers do.
• Even the same version of a browser can come with different levels of
encryption. (Netscape Communicator 4.7, for example, comes with either 56-
bit standard encryption or the more secure 128-bit encryption.)
Note: These issues are of critical importance to Manufacturers Bank, and we evaluate
browsers to ensure they meet our requirements for Online Banking.
4: Why does Manufacturers Bank require128-bit encryption?
A: It is one of the most secure methods currently available to process transactions.
5: How do I know if my MB Personal Online Banking session is encrypted?
A: When your session is encrypted, a lock icon appears on the browser status bar of
Microsoft Internet Explorer or if using Netscape Communicator the lock shows as
1: What if I can't log in to the system?
A: Contact Manufacturers Bank Customer Contact Center at (877) 560-9812
2: What if I forget my User ID or password?
A: Contact Manufacturers Bank Customer Contact Center at (877) 560-9812.
Passwords must be a minimum of six and maximum of 10 characters in length and
you may use either alpha or numeric characters. User Ids and Passwords are case
3: Whom can I contact for technical support assistance?
A: Contact Manufacturers Bank technical support group at (213) 489-8814 from 8:30
AM – 5:00 PM.
4: What if I cannot access www.manufacturers-ca.com?
A: If a Service is unavailable, you may telephone our Customer Contact Center at
(888) 307-1543 to determine if the Service can be provided in some other manner
on a temporary basis.
1: How does Manufacturers Bank protect my privacy?
A: Manufacturers Bank understands that you are concerned about the privacy and
security of your personal and financial information. For information about our policies
and practices concerning information gathered through our Web site, click on the
For information about our privacy policies and practices in general, please contact
the Customer Contact Center at (877) 560-9812 and request a copy of
Manufacturers Bank's current Privacy Notice brochure.
2: How do I know that the information you have about me is correct?
A: You have the chance to make sure your information is correct. When you receive
account information through statements or other documentation, please review it for
accuracy. If you find your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not
current, please call or write to us at the telephone number or address listed on your
account statement or Bank records. We'll update any incorrect information.
3: What can I do to protect my personal information?
A: Here are some tips for protecting information about you:
• Keep a close eye on your accounts by reading your statements carefully.
• Don't write your personal identification number (PIN), Social Security number
or credit card account number on checks, or on your ATM or debit card. Stand
directly in front of the ATM when entering your PIN.
• Tear up or shred pre-approved credit offers, receipts (including ATM receipts)
and other information that could link your name to your account numbers.
• Never provide personal or credit card information over the phone unless you
initiate the call (such as placing a catalog order).
• Get a copy of your credit report every year. Check to be sure all of the
information is accurate, that all of the accounts are yours and that accounts
you've requested to be closed are marked closed.
MB PERSONAL ONLINE BANKING
1: What browsers are certified for MB Personal Online Banking?
A: MB Personal Online Banking is best viewed using the following browsers:
• Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0 for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
• Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.1 for MacOS 9 and X
• JAWS® for Windows 4.0 (voice browser)
• Netscape® Navigator 6.2.1 and 4.79 for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
• Netscape® Navigator 6.2.1 for MacOS X
• AOL 7.0
If you do not have the one of the above versions please download the current
version from the vendor’s website.
2: Where can I get more detailed information about MB Personal Online Banking
system and browser settings?
A: Call Technical Support (213) 489-8814 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm.
3: What if I forget to log out of MB Personal Online Banking?
A: MB Personal Online Banking will automatically time you out after 10 minutes.
4: If I select the Messages option in MB Personal Online Banking is the information
A: The Messaging form is a secure form. Your account number and any information
entered on this form is secure and handled by Bank employees responsible for
maintaining the confidentiality of customer information.
5: What if I have additional questions about MB Personal Online Banking?
A: You may send an E-mail message, or while working on MB Personal Online
Banking click the Help button for online context sensitive explanations of functions.
We're also here to help you by phone: call Customer Service (877) 560-9812 or
Technical Support (213) 489-8814 any banking day between 8:30am and 5pm.
6: What time zone are my transactions processed in?
A: The date and time shown in MB Personal Online Banking services pages are the
date and time of the location where the transactions are processed, Pacific Time.
1: What is Bill Pay?
A: By adding this service to your MB Personal Online Banking Service you will be
able to pay most of your bills online. The Bill Pay service is provided by CheckFree
Corporation, an independent company. For information about CheckFree’s privacy
and security policies, visit www.checkfree.com/privacy2.
2: What is Bill Presentment?
A: You may be able to receive an electronic bill from your service provider if they are
enrolled in the program.
3: To whom can I make payments?
A: You may designate an unlimited number of payees: just about any merchant or
individual with a United States address (including U.S. territories). Bill Pay cannot be
used to pay taxes or court-ordered payments where additional documentation is
4: How are the payments made?
A: Payments are made electronically or via paper draft.
5: What types of accounts can I make payments from?
A: Payments can be made from any eligible checking account. However, if you make
payments from a Money Market Account or a Business Savings Account, federal
regulations require us to limit the number of bill payments, together with other
payments made from the account by check, draft, debit card or similar transactions,
to 3 per statement cycle.
6: When does the money for a payment come out of my account?
A: The payment date entered in the Bill Pay screen is when your account is debited.
7: How long does it take for a payment to reach the recipient?
A: Due to circumstance beyond the control of the Bill Pay service, some transactions
may take a day or even a few days longer to be credited to your payee by slow
responding financial institutions. You must schedule your payment initiation at least
five (5) business days before the payment due date.
8: How much does Bill Pay cost?
A: Personal Online Banking with Bill Pay is FREE.