STARLIAW S BEHOOL
SH AN SC
Established in 1993
TAMWOOD INTERNATIONAL SUMMER CAMPS Prices & Dates 2009
Residence Accommodation Homestay Accomodations
Vancouver-SFU & Vancouver, Whistler
Weeks Vancouver, Whistler and Ontario California Camp Ontario–Huron Uni. & Ontario
Ages 7-12 Ages 13-17 Ages 7-12 Ages 13-17 Ages 13-17 Ages 7-17
1 CAD $1,845 CAD $1,475 USD $1,845 USD $1,475 CAD $1,295 CAD $1,135
2 CAD $3,060 CAD $2,825 USD $3,060 USD $2,825 CAD $2,330 CAD $1,900
3 CAD $4,460 CAD $4,160 USD $4,460 USD $4,160 CAD $3,495 CAD $2,915
4 CAD $5,825 CAD $5,465 USD $5,825 USD $5,465 CAD $4,660 CAD $3,965
5 CAD $7,080 CAD $6,720 USD $7080 USD $6,720 CAD $5,820 CAD $5,045
6 CAD $8,230 CAD $7,955 USD $8,230 USD $7,955 CAD $6,960 CAD $6,105
7 not available CAD $9,280 not available USD $9,280 CAD $8,120 CAD $7,120
PRICE InCluDES not InCluDED
• Accommodation in single or twin rooms in residence or with host family • Optional activities offered once or twice a week (cost CAD/USD $10 -
• 15 hours of English language instruction per week for campers in English
+ Activities • Airplane ticket
• Three meals per day (and evening snack for students in residence) • Personal spending money
• Airport transfers to and from closest international airport on Sundays at • Cost of special sports camps in London and Whistler
designated pick up and drop off times (between 08h00 and 20h00)
• Unaccompanied minor fee charged by airlines
• Medical insurance while at Tamwood
• 24 hour supervision by Tamwood staff for residence students Homestay Program
• Daily activities • Does not include daily transportation between homestay and college
(students pay for public transportation)
• Evening social program for students in residence program
• Does not include evening activities except weekly disco.
• One weekly full-day excursion and half day city excursion (teens do
extra half day excursion/activity off campus every week)
• Tamwood certificate and academic report
• Weekly laundry service
• Camp T-shirt
Supplement foR SpeciAl cAmpS At HuRon (prices include transportation to training facility):
Horse Riding CAD/USD $ 250/week Intensive English CAD/USD $ 200/week
Horse Riding supplement includes: Intensive English supplement includes:
• Four 1-hour riding lessons • 9 hours of extra English classes per week (taught over three
• horse grooming and care training
• transportation to riding facilities
• 5% GST
Extra Day in homestay accommodation (no program or staff supervision): CAD/USD $65/day
Extra Day in Residence program: CAD/USD $175
Special Airport transfer (for arrivals and departures not made within allowable times on Sundays).
For individuals: CAD/USD $100/one way for Vancouver and CAD/USD $175/ one way for Whistler and London camps. Price per student will be less
if more than one student requires special transfer at the same time. Contact us for a group transfer quote.
CAD/USD $50 / student to be collected in cash from every camper at check-in on their first day at camp. This deposit will be applied to cover the costs
of the repairs for any damage or loss caused by camper to the camp facilities and equipment. If damage repair costs exceed the deposit amount, the
parent and/ or agent agrees to pay Tamwood the difference. If the camper causes no damage or loss, then the deposit will be refunded to the camper
on their departure day.
Offered once or twice a week. A free option is always offered at the same time as the extra cost options so there is no obligation on students to pay extra
on these days. Costs vary week to week for extra cost options. See course description for list of possible options.
CAMP DAtES (PRogRAM IS SunDAy to SunDAy, MInIMuM StAy IS 1 wEEk):
English + Activities for ages 7-12 June 28 to August 9 Intensive English for Teens 13-17 in London June 28 to August 9
English Plus Horse Riding for Teens 13-17 in
English + Activities for ages 13-17 June 28 to August 16 July 5 to August 2
Adventure Camp for Teens in Whistler June 28 to August 9 “Camp on the Road” study tour in Ontario August 9-16
tERMS AnD ConDItIonS foR APPlICAtIonS foR tAMwooD SuMMER PRogRAMS:
1. Students will not be accepted without receipt of a completed Tamwood application form and completed and signed Tamwood health form. Tamwood
cannot arrange medical care for campers without the parent or guardian’s written permission which is given on the signed health form.
2. Acceptance in a summer camp session is not guaranteed until tamwood has received a deposit of CAD/uSD $500. The bal-
ance of the fees owing for the camp is due four weeks before the date the student is registered to start at Tamwood. Students will not be received
at the airport until tamwood has received payment in full.
3. Flight information must be provided at least 5 working days in advance of student’s arrival or airport transfers cannot be guaranteed. Any flight
changes made less than 5 days before student arrival or while student is at camp should be sent to both the Tamwood’s head office and the summer
4. If a student cancels 4 weeks or more before the date the student is registered to start at Tamwood, the student receives full refund of deposit less CAD/
USD $75 cancellation fee. If student cancels four weeks or less before the date the student is registered to start at Tamwood, the CAD/USD $500
deposit is non-refundable. Students who cancel after the start date will receive no refund of the program fees.
5. Students who do not arrive and depart on Sundays between 08h00 and 20h00 and who request airport transfers to be provided by Tamwood,
must pay an additional fee for each special transfer. Transfers for groups of 5 or more students after hours will be priced based on number of students
and the time and day the transfer is required. Please note that Tamwood cannot accommodate students at the camp who arrive before June 28 and/
or depart after August 16. Students who need accommodation outside the set camp dates will have to be accommodated at their own expense in a
hotel near the airport and these students will be responsible for all expenses relating to their care for such days. When students require an extra day
at camp during the camp dates, and space is available, students will be charged for each extra day the student is at Tamwood.
6. Students will require spending money if they want to take part in the optional activities that have an extra cost. Tamwood will not handle special cash
transfers from parents to students who run out of money therefore students should bring enough spending money to last their entire camp session.
Emergency money can be labeled as such and Tamwood will not release this money to the student with out parent permission in writing. Parents that
must send students more money while at camp can send traveler’s cheques payable to Tamwood International College by Fed Ex Courier directly to
the camp office with a letter explaining who the money is for. No money will be given to a student until we have received and cashed the traveler’s
7. Please read the rules for both the camp and the teen program. Most misunderstandings or complaints are caused by the fact that the client has not
fully informed himself/herself about the program
8. the special camps in london and whistler will run only if the minimum enrolment is achieved. The minimum number of students
required for each camp is : 3 for Horseriding, 4 for Intensive English and 6 for Adventure. Contact Tamwood two weeks before your student’s ar-
rival to confirm that minimum enrolment has been met and that the clinic will run as planned. If a camp is cancelled due to failure to meet minimum
enrolment, students will receive a full refund or the extra fees when they arrive at Tamwood, or they can apply the fees towards their application for
a different camp option in that week or a different week.
9. The teen HOMESTAY program for students 13-17 is designed for students who are mature, can take public transit on their own and can be left for
short periods of time unsupervised (for example on shopping trips). If you feel your child requires more supervision or may have difficulty following
rules, you should consider putting your child in the residence program which is more structured and offers less free time. If your child is 14 you should
think carefully about which program is better suited for him/her. Not all 14 year olds are going to be happy in the homestay program as they will be
happier in the residence program with more activities and free time.