GENTRY HIGH SCHOOL
PARENT INVOLVEMENT PLAN
Gentry High School recognizes that a parent is a full partner in
decisions that affect his or her child and family. Gentry High
School will continue to promote and support responsible parenting
with the following activities:
• Provide a freshman orientation with parent’s of freshman
meeting with the faculty and administration to help freshman
make a smoother transition into high school.
• Provide an Open House before the first day of school for
students and parents to get schedules and be given and
opportunity to meet the faculty.
• Produce and distribute a newsletter, Pioneer Press, monthly.
• Provide four Parent Night’s, one per grade level throughout
the school year.
• Provide a parent-center site with information to assist parents
in their enormous task of being a parent.
• Provide a day in the spring semester for parents to attend a
CAP conference to be involved with their child in preparing
his/her schedule for the forthcoming school year.
• Provide an atmosphere of open communication involving a
partnership with all parents.
• Form a committee consisting of three (3) faculty members,
including the parent facilitator, and three (3) parents who will
meet monthly to discuss various involvement plans.