Parent Involvement in Confirmation
How can you be involved in your youth’s Confirmation experience?
• Have a positive attitude. Offer your encouragement and
• Be sure your youth is attending sessions. Call if he/she is ill
and unable to attend. (Confirmation Coordinator -758-0464)
• Pray for your son or daughter.
• Attend Sunday liturgies with your family.
• Show that you are growing in your own faith life.
Be involved in parish life.
Join Sunday morning sessions on What it Means to Be
Use your Bible. Attend a Bible study or use a scripture
aide like Living Word.
• Help your child choose a sponsor, if needed.
• Be a sponsor if asked. (not for your own child)
• Provide food for Sunday mornings or for other events.
(Sign up sheet on table in the back of church. Beth
Northrup will contact you.)
• Help with retreats and youth events. Indicate that you are
willing to help on the parent volunteer form found in the
• Respect your child’s unique journey of faith and decision