DOLTON WEST SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 148
DOLTON, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS
The mission of School District 148 is to challenge and support all students to
reach their highest level of performance. The District recognizes the importance of
school-based child nutrition programs in the educational achievement of all
students. The School Lunch Coordinator is the supervisor of the National School
Lunch Program, the Illinois Free Lunch Program, and the special Milk Program.
The Coordinator is a Full-Time, 11-month position, responding directly to District
Office Administration. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Supervises all aspects of the District’s Nutrition Programs.
2. Supervises all procedural operations related to the Nutrition Programs with
the school offices and staff.
3. Coordinates school offices data entry procedures for the Nutrition Program.
4. Reviews all applications and supervises all eligibility for Free and Reduced
5. Coordinate consistent school office procedures related to the Nutrition
6. Implements and enforces District policies, decisions and regulations related
to the Nutrition Programs.
7. The Nutrition Coordinator has the responsibility of developing and
implementing procedures for school secretaries and office assistants through
individual sessions or group meeting.
8. Assumes responsibility for the administration of all District Nutrition
9. Maintains and manages all necessary and accurate records by continuous
inspections of and completion of applications, monthly and annual reports
related to Nutrition Programs.
10. Coordinates bidding process for the lunch and milk programs.
11. Supervises day-to-day operation of the Nutrition Programs with the milk and
12. Assists in any correspondence, record keeping, or other nutrition-related
functions that serve District 148 as a whole, and are not listed above.