Letterhead and Letter Writing
In this project students will design a letterhead and write a
business letter. This could be an actual letter to a congressman
or the governor, Chamber of Commerce, Great Mail Race, favorite
author or designed to fit in with any subject or study you are
Selecting fonts, styles, and sizes
Utilizing spell and grammar checker
Students will need to view different letterhead samples and be
instructed in writing business letters from The Write Source.
Steps to follow:
1. Open a word document.
2. From the File Menu Bar highlight Project Gallery and select
from the category file Letters-Envelopes. View different
syles of letterheads and select one.
3. Click on the field you would like to personalize (such as
name, address line, phone) highlight the line and type in your
own name, address, phone number. You may want to include
your email address.
4. Highlight the example letter and delete.
5. From the formatting toolbar select a font and font size.
6. When using the letterhead samples, the business letter is
automatically aligned to the left.
7. Type your letter including all of the parts of a business
8. Edit letter utilizing both grammar and spell checker.
9. Reread letter at least twice.
10. Save and print your document.