SunGard • BancWare ERisk • www.erisk.com • 212-819-0170 tel • 212-819-0171 fax
Job Description – Job Manager
About BancWare ERisk:
BancWare ERisk (www.erisk.com) is a division of SunGard (www.sungard.com) and a leading provider of
enterprise risk management software solutions that set the industry standard for economic capital analytics.
Abacus, BancWare ERisk’s state-of-the-art software, addresses key risk, capital, and performance management
issues facing financial institutions. It delivers efficient and cost effective solutions, which utilize leading-edge
risk and capital management analytics that help our clients’ to better manage their businesses.
The BancWare ERisk team includes approximately 40 risk professionals, operating out of our office overlooking
Times Square, in the heart of New York City.
Job Manager Role:
The responsibilities of the project manager will involve managing client engagements primarily for our banking
target market and, on occasion, to our insurance and energy clientele. The projects would include both
installation/integration of ERisk Abacus and pure consulting projects. In this role, you would be expected to
manage three constituencies:
• Manage the client – set expectations, and deliver against them; generate insights for the client
• Manage the consulting MDs – work with the MDs to set the scope and staffing so that we can ensure quality
delivery; make sure that communication with the MD is efficient and effective
• Manage the team – you will typically be managing one to two consultants on any project. You will have a
critical role in the education and development of the consultants you manage.
• Improving the product – you will contribute to improving existing consulting products, developing
presentations for conferences and writing articles for our monthly publications
As mentioned above, while you will primarily be slated for the banking sector, you may be called on to manage
projects in the insurance and energy sectors; in doing so, you would be given the appropriate experience on the
team to learn the context of these industries while managing the project.
This position reports to the Managing Director of Analytical Services.
Standards and Qualifications:
Interested individuals should have outstanding intellectual capability, maturity and judgment, as demonstrated
by their academic achievements, professional experience, and extracurricular responsibilities. Successful
candidates will meet most of the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from top-tier school
• Outstanding record of academic achievement
• 3+ years experience at a top tier consulting firm
• Project management experience highly preferred
• Intimate knowledge of risk management highly preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent quantitative and analytic skills
• Proficiency with Excel, Access and Powerpoint
How to apply:
Qualified candidates seeking interview consideration should email their resume and cover letter to Correne
Haberstroh at email@example.com.
SunGard • BancWare ERIsk • 1500 Broadway 18th floor • New York, New York 10036