P O W E R I N M O T I O N
Product Manager – Job Description
About Delta-Q Technologies Corp.:
Delta-Q Technologies, founded in 1999 and based in Burnaby BC, is a provider of advanced power conversion and power management products to the Electric
Drive vehicle industry. Delta-Q’s products significantly improve the performance of today’s electric drive vehicles used in transport, recreational, industrial and
materials handling applications. As well, rapid growth in vehicle adoption in developing countries has forced automotive OEMs to seek ‘cleaner and greener’
transportation solutions to address pollution concerns in massive, highly populated urban centers. Delta-Q is working with vehicle OEMs around the world to
address these issues, and is involved in both pure battery and hybrid vehicle power systems. Delta-Q’s product suite improves overall vehicle performance at a
lower system and lifetime operating cost and these products are being used by leading OEMs in the Electric Drive vehicle industry (golf car manufacturers, work
vehicles, material handling, and recreational electric vehicles). Delta-Q adheres to a lean philosophy and is managed by an experienced team committed to the
most current and effective business and product development practices. With our OEM customers, we have demonstrated our willingness, need, and passion
to involve the customer in product development at its very inception. The result of this customer collaboration is product designed to meet real-world customer
needs and an improved ability for us to anticipate future market needs. By focusing on our core competencies and employing best of class subcontractors for
other areas, Delta-Q provides the best overall product and service. The corporate culture is dynamic, fast-paced and high energy and the ability for employees
to share duties and wear multiple hats at times is an expectation. For more information about Delta-Q Technologies, please visit us at www.delta-q.com.
Delta-Q is a customer-driven company. What has driven and will continue to drive the growth of the company is the successful execution and
commercialization of product programs that meet and exceed the customer requirements that initiated each program. The Product Manager performs a vital
function at Delta-Q, playing a key role in developing new products for the company as well as increasing the profitability of existing products. The Product
Manager will be instrumental in the planning and development of new products from the existing roadmap, building on the roadmap, and helping to develop
new ideas based on working with Sales, Engineering, customers and prospects. For each program, the Product Manager will work with Sales on the
development of the Marketing Requirements and with an engineering counterpart, the Project Engineer, to define the Functional Specification. The Product
Manager will work with the Project Engineer on the development of the project schedule, then drive and track progress through Delta-Q’s Product Development
Process (PDP), playing a key role in the deliverables within the PDP. The Product Manager will have responsibility in setting the dates for the Program Review
Board (PRB) meetings, updating the Board on program status and deliverables within each stage of development, ensuring presentation material is prepared in
advance of these meetings, and formally requesting movement of the program to the next stage of the PDP,. The individual needs to be technically strong and
enthusiastic and ideally shares an interest in alternative transportation methods, electric vehicles and clean energy technologies.
The Product Manager’s role is both strategic and tactical:
Strategic because of the responsibility for product positioning, assessing the competition and thinking about future product extensions and directions of
the company’s product roadmap.
Tactical because of the active involvement throughout the PDP, delivering on the requirements to move the product through the PDP and managing the
product throughout its life-cycle (from cradle to grave, focused on managing the ongoing support of our products for our customers).
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to field implementation, customer training and product support
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research with OEM customers and prospects
• Working closely with a multi-disciplinary development team through the PDP to ensure the product under development (as defined by the Functional
Specification) meets the customer needs (the Marketing Requirements)
• Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product to maximize the return on investment
• Working with Sales on the review and analysis of product line extensions, product variations and new product developments through the Product
Concept document and presenting findings to the PRB, and developing and implementing a system for prioritizing the Product Concept Documents
to determine where they sit in the queue and presenting the product development pipeline to the PRB
• Managing the service relationship with OEMs and third party service providers, driving programs for OEM support personnel training
• Driving the development of customer quality reporting metrics and measures, and communicating Delta-Q product reliability to OEM customers
• Interfacing to Quality Department in the management of issues resolution and communication of Corrective Actions to OEM customers
• Developing partner-specific product service plans covering troubleshooting, product repair and field service strategies over the product lifetime
• Identifying and implementing process improvements with engineering, manufacturing, quality, operations and logistics teams
• At least eight years experience in sales, marketing and/or product management in a hardware-oriented technical environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking, and the ability to communicate with openness and transparency
• Experience in collaborating with and manageing remote multi-disciplined teams in a dynamic fast-paced matrix environment
• Thorough knowledge and experience with MS Office and other PC-based applications
• Ability to travel to USA, Europe and Asia to visit OEM customers and trade partners up to 40%.
A competitive salary, options and benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Our Privacy Commitment to Candidates:
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never
be forwarded to any hiring company without your specific, direct permission in advance.
Please send resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org