COMMUNITY BASED INSTRUCTION FIELD TRIPS
STEPS IN PLANNING YOUR TRIP:
1. Plan CBI trips to coincide with curriculum and lesson plans.
2. Call Manager of business you choose and get permission to bring students on an educational trip. Make sure
at this time, to get full mailing address. This is required now before a trip can even be considered.
3. If monies are requested for this trip, arrange prices if any, and ask if they require a Tax Exempt form at this
time so you can request needed funds to finalize your trip. Explain that you will provide them with a Tax
Exempt Form if they require one. If so, ask business to please deep the Tax Exempt form on file for future
trips. Also, if this business is not a current vendor, we will need you to ask for their Tax ID, Address, and
Phone Number so that it may be added. This is required before Central Office can write a check to any
business. If you are not sure this business is on the Vendor List call PEC.
4. You must COMPLETELY FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
* Approval and Payment of Field Trip Form (Yellow)
* Field Trip Request Form (Pink)
* Community-Based Instruction Funds Release Form, if funds are needed (Green)
(Make sure to check at bottom if a Tax Exempt Form is needed.)
* Roster of student names, addresses and emergency phone numbers along with teachers and para’s or
parent, etc. If a WHEELCHAIR BUS is needed, make sure to check it on the Approval and
Payment of Field Trip Form.
* New Harvey’s Form for request for Grocery Money (Lavender)
(THESE COLORED FORMS MAY BE OBTAINED AT PEC.)
* Lesson Plan
5. PEC must RECEIVE the above at least 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR NEEDING FUNDS FOR A
TRIP, OR FUNDS WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED. NO EXCUSES……………NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. Parents may be asked for donations for funding CBI trips for their children. They cannot be asked to pay for
their children’s expenses on the trip. If a child does not bring money, they cannot be excluded from a trip.
ALL BUSES are to ARRIVE BACK at your school NO LATER THAN 1:30 P.M. from Field Trips. There are
Please make sure and remind the BUS DRIVER they are REQUIRED TO STAY WITH THE CLASS and NOT
TO LEAVE STUDENTS at any site, at any time, for any reason.
DO NOT PLAN A TRIP on the dates of the MONTHLY BUS DRIVERS MEETINGS or DATES scheduled for
LAST DAY FOR FIELD TRIPS is MAY 1, 2009.
***THESE RULES APPLY TO ALL SPECIAL ED CLASSES/PRE-SCHOOL CLASSES/PRE-K
ONE FIELD TRIP PER MONTH FOR EACH CLASS
(MULTIPLE SITES ARE POSSIBLE IF SUPPORTED BY LESSON PLANS AND ARE LISTED ON THE FIELD
TRIP FORMS, CANNOT BE ADDED LATER OR THE DAY OF THE TRIP SO CAREFULLY PLAN AHEAD.)