A Guide to Microsoft® Excel for Scientists and Engineers
Bernard V Liengme
Errata for 2nd Edition
If you find other errors in the Second edition, please let me know (email@example.com) and I
will update the list.
1) Page 72, Figure 5.9: The value in G14 should read 83 not 76. This is a trivial error.
2) Page 127, step (b): This should read: In B4 enter the formula
3) Page 228, in the equation, the D term should be squared and the equation should read:
2 2 gh The correct equation is used in the text and worksheet.
4) Page 228, the line above Figure 13.8 should refer to: “the VBA square root function
SQR…” (not SQT)
5) Page 252, last two equations: The expressions for CI(x*) should be as shown below
S yx 1 1 ( y * y)2 S yx 1 1 ( x * x) 2
t ( , df ) and t ( , df )
m n k m 2 S xx m n k S xx
In the text, the |m| factor was inadvertently omitted but was included in the formulas used
in the worksheet discussed in the exercise. Also the first parameter of t was shown as a
Roman a rather than a Greek .
6) Page 113, Exercise 9, step (c). The formula in G5 should be =INDEX($B$3:$B$19,E5)
13 February 2002