Health & Safety Management in Construction
A 2-day course offered by The School of the Built Environment
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the 2 days
fundamentals of health & safety management in
construction contracts, with particular emphasis on the
construction firm. Who should attend
• People who have the responsibility of designing
Course Content and managing projects.
• Managers who want to increase their project’s
Health and safety legislation: history and development; performance
• Business owners who want to improve their
Principles of health and safety management; the CDM company’s performance and health & safety
Regulations: principal provisions, scope and application, record.
the roles of the client, planning supervisor, designer(s) • Any person who wants to improve his or hers
and contractors; notification procedures; communication, confidence, and assertiveness
Practice appreciation: client interface, procurement
arrangements and procedures, contractual issues,
warranties, insurances; Format
Informal workshop style with advanced learning tech-
Safety in design: practical considerations; the Health and niques. Which will incorporate?
Safety Plan: risk assessment, safe systems of work, • Mind Maps
method statements; the Health & Safety File: contents • Music,
and custody; owners, funders, tenants, purchasers. • Visualisation,
• Energy breaks,
Learning Outcomes • Team work,
AFTER completing the 2-day course, you will under- • Challenge matches,
stand; • Review concerts
• Speed reading,
1. The various legislation affecting health & safety • Interactive discussion.
in construction projects. • Work books and hand outs
2. H&S management at both the design stage and
construction stage Presented By
3. Effective construction contract administration Qualified and experienced staff of the School of the
regarding health & safety requirements. mecha Built Environment. Staff on this course are likely to be
nisms Chartered Surveyors or Chartered Builders with
4. The role of the Planning Supervisor and Princi substantial industrial experience.
5. The purpose of the H&S Plan and H&S File.
For further details and booking instruc-
tions please contact Anne Roberts on 0151