This Paid Internship Agreement is made between a Company and a Student whereby
the Student agrees to accept a paid internship position with the Company for the
purposes of obtaining valuable skills and knowledge relating to the principal operations
of the Company. The Agreement provides for a student's supervisor to prepare and
submit a report of the student's performance as well as the student preparing a detailed
report of their instructor as to the skills acquired and knowledge acquired. This short
agreement contains language commonly used in this type of document. Use this
agreement when hiring an intern that will receive compensation.
PAID INTERNSHIP AGREEMENT
THIS PAID INTERNSHIP AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”), made this ____ day of
________________, 2____, by and between ________________ (the “Company”) and
________________ (the “Student”).
WHEREAS, the Company is desirous to obtain the services of the Student for a paid
internship position (the “Internship”) with the Company for the purposes of gaining valuable
knowledge and experience related to the Student’s main area of study;
AND WHEREAS, the Student is desirous to provide the Internship Services to the
Company to obtain valuable learning experiences in the areas in which the Company operates
pursuant to the terms and conditions contained herein.
NOW THEREFORE THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSES, that for good and valuable
consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements contained herein, the receipt and
adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, the Company and the Student hereto covenant and
agree as follows:
DESCRIPTION OF INTERNSHIP
1. The main purpose of the Internship is to allow for the Student to acquire practical and
theoretical knowledge in respect of ______________________________.
A. The Internship shall consist of the Student performing the following Internship
2. ___________________ shall be the mentor and supervisor of the Student throughout the
duration of the Student’s Internship with the Company and the Student shall report to the
Student’s supervisor at all times throughout the duration of the Internship.
3. The Company shall pay to the Student the sum of ___________ ($_______) Dollars (the
“Fees”) per hour/per week for the Student performing the Internship Services. The Fees
shall be paid to the Student on the Company’s regularly scheduled “pay days” and paid in
accordance with the Company’s standard procedure for paying its employees.
4. The Internship shall commence on the ____ day of ______________, 2____ and shall
end on the ____ day of _______________, 2_____.
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2
5. The Student shall perform the Internship Services during the normal course of business
hours of the Company being from _______ a.m. until ______ p.m. Monday through
6. The Student agrees that he/she shall at all times comply with the rules and regulations of
the Company while performing the Internship Services contemplated herein.
7. In the event the Student breaches any of the rules or regulations of the Company or any
act of serious misconduct, the mentor and supervisor of the Student reserves the right to
terminate this Agreement without prior notice to the Student.
8. The Student shall at all times keep the information relating to the Company confidential
and shall not at any times divulge any information relating to the Company, its operations
or clients to any third party without the prior written consent of the Student’s supervisor.
This condition shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
9. The Company agrees that it shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that the
Student’s Internship with the Company provides valuable experience and information
relevant to the Student’s needs and expectations.
10. Any and all travel costs and out-of-pocket expenses which may be incurred by the
Student while performing the Internship Services shall be reimbursed to the Student by
the Company upon the Student submitted a detailed invoice for same to the Company.
The Student agrees that he/she shall not incur any travel costs or out-of-pocket expenses
without the prior written consent of the Student’s supervisor.
11. The Company agrees that upon the end of the Internship, the Student’s supervisor shall
prepare and submit to the Student a detailed report of the Student’s performance
throughout the duration of the Internship in accordance with the contemplated Internship
Services contemplated herein.
12. Upon the termination of the Internship, the Student shall prepare and submit to his/her
instructor, a detailed report of the experience and knowledge gained by the Student
during the Internship and such report sha