VIEWS: 93 PAGES: 3 POSTED ON: 5/3/2010
SINGAPORE KEY FACTS EDUCATION IN GENERAL COURSES AVAILABE TUITION GRANT SCHEME KEY FACTS Climate Singapore has a warm tropical climate with sunshine all year round--making it a good place to develop a perpetual tan Currency The local currency is the Singapore dollar, SGD or S$ for short Languages Singapore recognises four official languages: English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil WHY SINGAPORE? A) All students enjoy 80% tuition grant from the Ministry Of Education, Singapore. The remaining 20% tuition fees payable is very small. The full fees(without tuition grant) for international students are about S$12,000 per year for a full-time diploma course. The tuition grant is provided by the Singapore Government through the Ministry of Education. Students who accept the subsidy are required to execute a Tuition Grant Deed with the Government of Singapore. Under the terms of the tuition grant deed, students are required to work in Singapore for three years upon graduation from their course, during this period, they NEED NOT pay back the 80% tuition grant to the Singapore government B) Part time job to finance studies .All students can work part time during their free period to supplement their income and to finance their studies . C) Job after graduation. The students can work in Singapore as long as they wish, they can continue to work in the same firm after their bond period or they can join another firm. They can expect a starting pay package of SGD$ 1 500 to SGD$ 2 20 D) Permanent Residency. All graduates will be offered Permanent Residency upon graduation. With grant of permanent residency, he/she can bring their spouse and children to settle in Singapore permanently. This is also a form of migration EDUCATION-GENERAL Intake Rolling admission through out the year depend on the course Deadlines 3-4 months before the intake Living cost S$ 5000-8000 Visa processing time 4-8 weeks COURSES AVAILABLE COURSE Duration of the course undergraduate 3-4 years Under graduate Lab base 4 years Post Graduate 1-2 years Diploma 2 years Pre University course (foundation 9-12 months & pre Masters) CPL/PPL 12-18 months 120/200 hours Medicine 6-8 years Tuition Grant Scheme The Singapore Government, through the ministry of education (MOE) provides tuition grants to assists students in payment of the full tuition fees. All Students who wish to accept the tuition grant need to apply for the Scheme 1. Eligibility to Apply Application are expected to have very good grades in at least 5 subjects that must include English Language, Mathematics and Physics in their respective Government-administration High school examination. 10th English: 70% Maths and Relevant Subject : 80% Overall score for 5 subjects should be at least 80% 12th English: 70% Maths and Relevant Subject : 75% Overall score for 5 subjects should be at least 70% Courses Available Under the Subsidized Tuition Fee Schem Applicants who wish to be considered under the Subsidized Tuition Fee Scheme may apply for the following courses: Electronics, Computer & Communications Engineering*. Mechatronics Engineering*. Manufacturing Engineering.
Pages to are hidden for
"SINGAPORE"Please download to view full document