INVITATION IFB DATE: 11-01-07 PURCHASING DIVISION M-16
20 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, RM. 429
SANTA ANA, CALIFORNIA 92701
FOR BID BID NO: 07-101
CITY OF SANTA ANA
BID DUE: 11-13-07, 2:00 PM BUYER: Bill O’Connor
1. Bid must be on this form. PAYMENT TERMS________________
2. Bid each item separately.
3. Read the instruction, terms and conditions. DELIVERY ______________________
4. Direct correspondence / inquiries to the Buyer. (Calendar days after receipt of order)
5. Bid the lowest net price, F.O.B. destination, site emplaced.
6. Bids due at other than 5:00 pm will be opened at or immediately following the due time.
The successful bidder must comply with S.A.M.C. Chapter 21 regarding payment of Business License Tax.
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
REFLECTORLESS MOTORIZED TOTAL STATION SURVEYING SYSTEM
Provide and deliver one Trimble S6 Robotic Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying Instrument and one Trimble
TSC2 System Controller / Data Collector, or equal items, in accordance with the attached specifications and provisions. The
Battery System, and Robotic Radios designed and specified by the manufacturer of the Surveying System are also required.
Suppliers submitting a bid using an alternate manufacturer must provide complete technical specifications and product
literature with their bid. Bids received with insufficient documentation to allow for a through review of the product offered
shall be considered non-responsive. Pricing shall include all costs for delivery and shipping charges. All questions
regarding the specifications must be submitted in writing to the Buyer. Fax all questions to 714-647-6944 attention: Bill
O’Connor, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A written response will be provided. “No Bid” Notification form can be
returned by email or by using the fax number provided.
Trimble S6 Robotic Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying Instrument, Trimble TSC2 System Controller/Data
Collector and additional items listed on page 2:
Subtotal of Items Listed on Page 2 = $_________________
CA Sales Tax @ 7.75% $_________________
___________________________ Shipping / Delivery Charges $________________
TOTAL COST $_________________
____________________________ (No charges other that this amount shall be accepted)
The City of Santa Ana reserves the right to reject all bids. Bids shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope plainly
marked “SEALED BID FOR IFB 07-101 – DO NOT OPEN WITH REGULAR MAIL”. Only sealed bids are
acceptable. Do not fax or email bids.
• “Time Certain”: Bid must be received ONLY in the Purchasing Division Office, 4th floor, room 429 prior to BID DUE time. Bids are acceptable I f mailed
using the U.S. Postal Service or any courier. Any submittal using the night depository WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• Unsigned bids and rubber-stamped signatures MAY BE CONSIDERED NONRESPONSIVE. All original bids MUST BE SUBMITTED IN INK, returned in the
enclosed envelope, and contain no correction fluid, tape, or like application.
Page 1 of Page(s)
Council Action BIDDER’S STATEMENT: I have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions on all pages of this Invitation
For Bid. Upon request, I will transfer and deliver goods to the City in accordance with said terms and conditions.
Taxpayer I.D .No.:____________________________________________________________________
Complete Legal Name of Company Phone No. FAX No.
Business Address Street City/ State Zip Code
Signature of Authorized Agent – Title Printed Name
1. ALTERNATIVES: Any changes or alternatives must be set forth in a letter attached to this bid. The City has the
option of accepting or rejecting any alternative bid. Brand names, if any, are given for quality control only. Bids on
“equals” are encouraged, however, the bidder must give evidence of equal utility and quality.
2. REJECTION: The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality in any bid.
3. PERIOD OF ACCEPTANCE: Unless otherwise stated, bids shall be subject to acceptance by the City for a period of
ninety (90) calendar days following the opening of bids.
4. SAMPLES: When required, bidder shall furnish samples of items free of expense to the City, and if not destroyed by
test may, upon request made at the time the sample is furnished, be returned at the bidder’s expense.
5. TAX: The City is exempt from Federal Excise Tax. Bidder shall show as a separate item California State Sales
and/or Use Tax.
6. ALL OR NONE BIDS: The City reserves the right to make an award based on partial items unless the bid submitted
by the bidder is marked “ALL OR NONE.”
7. BONDS: When deemed necessary by the City, Bid Bonds shall be furnished by all bidders in the amount of at least
10% of the bid, to guarantee that bidders will enter into contract to furnish goods at prices stated. Likewise, a
Performance Bond shall be required of the successful bidder when stated in the Specification. (Cash deposit,
Certified or Cashier’s check or Money Order may be submitted in lieu of either Bond).
8. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Payment terms will be considered “NET 30 days” unless a cash discount is offered for
earlier payment. Cash discounts may be considered in evaluating the bid price.
*Note: The City is unable to process discounts with terms for less than 20 days.
9. PROHIBITED INTEREST: Bidder agrees it shall disclose to the City in writing any financial interest, direct or
indirect, in Bidder’s business or in this transaction held by any City Council member or any City officer or employee.
City reserves the right to refuse any bid if City determines a conflict of interest exists. A conflict of interest may be
determined to exist in any instance where the City officer or employee participates in or influences any decision-
making process affecting a bid or contract in any way whatsoever.
10. LOCAL VENDOR PREFERENCE: For bid evaluation purposes, a 1% preference will be applied to all bids for
taxable goods submitted by vendors located within the City limits of Santa Ana.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS BID
AND ANY RESULTING CONTRACT
1. PAYMENT: Payment by City will be processed within thirty (30) days following receipt of proper invoice evidencing
work performed and subject to City accounting procedures. No additional charge will be paid by the City unless
expressly included and itemized herein.
2. DELIVERY: Time of delivery, as shown herein, must be adhered to. All goods shall be shipped F.O.B. destination
designated by the City. Vendor assumes full responsibility for packing, crating, marking, transportation and liability
for loss and/or damage. All transportation charges to be prepaid by Vendor.
3. LATE DELIVERY ASSESSMENT: The Vendor agrees to pay late-delivery assessment for any delay in delivery
(except those beyond its reasonable control) beyond the date agreed to and shown in the
purchase order or contract in an amount equal to the expenses incurred by the City due to the delay, including but
not limited to expenses such as rental of like equipment to fulfill the need while awaiting late delivery, added cost of
manpower or other resources, or other costs as can be shown to have resulted from delaying receipt of the ordered
goods or services. The penalty will be deducted from the amount due to the Vendor under the purchase order or
4. INSPECTION: City shall be under no obligation to unpack or inspect the products and/or service. The Vendor shall
be responsible for the consequences of negligent manufacture and packing, and for the consequences of negligent
handling prior to point where City assumes ownership. The expense of subsequent tests due to failure of goods first
offered will be charged against the Vendor.
5. GENERAL GUARANTEE: The Vendor guarantees that a) Vendor owns all rights, title and interest in the products
and services and has the legal authority to sell, license or otherwise transfer the right to use to the City; b) the
products and services are free from defects in material and workmanship for a minimum period of one (1) year from
the date of acceptance by the City, unless otherwise stated as part of the bid; and c) Vendor shall repair or replace
all such defective goods F.O.B. destination
6. NONDISCRIMINATION: Vendor agrees that the “Certification of Nondiscrimination by Contractors” attached and
executed by Vendor or on file with the City, is specifically made a part of the bid by this reference.
7. INDEMNIFICATION: The Vendor guarantees and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City against
any or all loss, liability damages, demands, claims or costs alleged by third parties arising out of Vendor’s
performance. This includes defective material and products, faulty work performance, negligent or unlawful acts, and
noncompliance with any applicable local, state or federal codes, ordinances, orders or statutes including, but not
limited to, the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and the California Industrial Safety Act. This guarantee is
in addition to and not intended as a limitation on any other warranty, expressed or implied.
8. TERMINATION: The City reserves the right to terminate the order or delay delivery or acceptance of any products
and/or services ordered resulting from this bid without penalty upon thirty (30) days written notice to the Vendor.
9. ASSIGNMENT: Vendor may not assign, transfer, delegate, or subcontract any right, obligation, performance herein
without the prior written consent of the City’s Purchasing Manager and any such assignment, transfer, delegation or
subcontract without the Purchasing Manager’s prior written consent shall be considered null and void.
10. DEFAULT: In case of default by the Vendor of any of the conditions of this bid or contract resulting from this bid, the
Vendor agrees that the City may procure the articles or services from other sources and may deduct from the unpaid
balance due the Vendor, or collect against the bond or surety, or may invoice the Vendor for excess costs so paid
plus reasonable administrative costs. Prices paid by the City shall be considered the prevailing market price at the
time such purchase is made.
11. LAW AND JURISDICTION: The validity, performance and construction of this order shall be governed by the laws of
the State of California. Both parties further agree that Orange County, California, shall be the venue for any action or
proceeding that may be brought or arise out of, in connection with or by reason of this
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS: No additional term specified in the bid shall be part of the contract unless affirmatively
accepted by the City in writing.
TOTAL QUALITY SERVICE
The City of Santa Ana is committed to the principles of Total Quality Service (TQS) in serving its customers.
All aspects of the City’s service are affected including our commitment to making on time payment for material
and services received.
Since vendors, who provide services and/or material to the City are indirectly serving the same customers, it is
important for the City to expect vendors to share the same commitment to quality including price, delivery
and product quality, as well as timely response and service quality.
Therefore, prepare a statement of your “quality commitment” to accompany your bid. The statement
should address the following five items in regard to services and/or material provided to the City for your
1. ON-TIME DELIVERY: a commitment to delivering material & services
on or before the promised time.
2. TIMELY RESPONSE: a commitment to consistent timely response
to all service requests.
3. QUALITY AS SPECIFIED: a commitment to provide products and/or
service meeting or exceeding the specification at your quoted price.
4. QUALITY CONTROL: a commitment to use methods or procedures
to assure quality control of service, material and invoicing.
5. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: a commitment to resolve customer concerns
regarding the quality of service or material supplied.
The quality statement should be included with your bid. It is required as a prerequisite to making your bid
responsive and therefore must be submitted before your bid is evaluated. To the extent that your
statement enhance the quality of service or material provided to the City, your statement will be incorporated in
the terms and conditions of the contract.
Please Complete This Self-Rating of Delivery (complete) Performance:
Circle One: on time late
Previous Orders: 5 4 3 2 1
Service Response Performance: 5 4 3 2 1
Order for items on this bid: 5 4 3 2 1
Write your statement below or on an enclosed separate sheet.
Signed: _____________________________________ Date: _________________
CERTIFICATION OF NONDISCRIMINATION
As suppliers of goods or services to the City Of Santa-Ana, the Firm listed below certifies that it does not
discriminate in its employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin; that it is in compliance
with all federal, state and local directives and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination in
employment; and that it agrees to demonstrate positively and aggressively the principle of equal opportunity in
WE AGREE SPECIFICALLY:
1. To take affirmative steps to hire minority employees within the company.
2. To establish or observe employment policies which affirmatively promote
opportunities for minority persons at all job levels.
3. To communicate this policy to all persons concerned, including all company
employees, outside recruiting services, especially those servicing minority
communities, and to the minority communities at large.
TITLE OF PERSON SIGNING _________________________________
SIGNATURE ____________________________ DATE _____________
Please include any additional information available regarding equal opportunity
employment programs now in effect within your company.
REFLECTORLESS MOTORIZED TOTAL STATION SURVEYING SYSTEM
The City of Santa Ana is unable to accept payment discount terms of less than 20 days.
NOTE: THE CITY OF SANTA ANA FIRMLY BELIEVES IN THE CONCEPT OF “TOTAL
QUALITY SERVICE. “ FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE “QUALITY COMMITMENT”
STATEMENT SUBMITTED WITH YOUR BID OR WITH ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS
OF THIS BID MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT.
The City of Santa Ana reserves the right to reject all bids. Bids must be enclosed in a sealed envelope and plainly
marked on the front of the envelope “SEALED BID FOR IFB 07-101 DO NOT OPEN WITH REGULAR MAIL”.
Faxed or e-mailed bids are not acceptable. Mail or return sealed bid to:
PURCHASING DIVISION M-16
CITY OF SANTA ANA
20 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA RM 429
SANTA ANA CA 92701-4058
“NO BID” NOTIFICATION form and BID LIST APPLICATION form may be returned by fax to 714-647-6944
or by e-mail to email@example.com Forms may also be returned by mail using the address listed above.
Bid results are available on the City of Santa Ana web-site, www.ci.santa-ana.org 2-3 days after bids are due. Go
to Finance & Management Services (on left of screen) then click onto Purchasing. Under the Purchasing heading,
the current Bid Solicitations and Bid Results are listed. Click onto the Bid Solicitations and Bid Results link to
locate bid information.
A. One Trimble S6 Robotic Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying Instrument, or equal $____________
B. One Trimble TSC2 System Controller / Data Collector, or equal: $____________
C. One Set - Battery System, designed and specified by the Total Station Survey System manufacturer:
D. One Set – Robotic Radios, designed and specified by the Total Station Survey System manufacturer:
* Subtotal: $____________
* INCLUDE SUB TOTAL ON PAGE 1
REFLECTORLESS MOTORIZED TOTAL STATION
These specifications establish the technical requirements for the procurement of one Reflectorless
Motorized Total Station Surveying System (RMTSSS) for the City of Santa Ana, California.
The equipment furnished under these specifications shall be the latest model in current production that
meets the requirements of these specifications. All equipment offered under these specifications shall be
new. Used, demonstrator, prototype or discontinued models are not acceptable.
The Instrument and components of the RMTSSS furnished under these specifications shall be equipment
that is nationally advertised and available in the United States.
This document shall be incorporated by reference into any contract, purchase order or other agreement
resulting from this procurement.
The City of Santa Ana contact for this procurement is as follows:
20 Civic Center Plaza M-16
Post Office Box 1988
Santa Ana, CA 92702
Phone: (714) 647-5318
Note: Technical questions regarding these specifications shall be submitted, in writing, to the Buyer shown
above. A written response to these questions shall be furnished to each individual or company that
has received a bid invitation for this procurement.
II. AWARD OF PURCHASE ORDER
A. The Purchase Order will be awarded in accordance with City of Santa Ana’s procurement procedures to the
vendor meeting the specified requirements and submitting the lowest total bid that includes all bid items for
B. The unit bid cost for each item shall include full compensation for all required equipment, labor,
miscellaneous components, cabling, software, documentation, manuals, training, warranties, installation,
shipping, shipping insurance, testing, travel expenses and any other necessary costs to provide a complete
and satisfactory bid item as specified herein.
C. The City shall have the option to purchase an additional quantity of the specified equipment from the
vendor at the unit bid cost for the item. Said option will be exercised, if at all, within 180 calendar days
after acceptance of the shipment of this order. The vendor shall deliver any equipment purchased pursuant
to this option within 60 calendar days after exercise of said option.
III. BASIC REFLECTORLESS MOTORIZED TOTAL STATION SURVEY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
A. System Components
The Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying System shall include the following components:
1. 1 ea. Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying Instrument. See Section III. B
2. 1 ea. Data Collector/System Control Unit. See Section III. C
3. 1 set Battery System. See Section III. D
4. 1 set Robotic Radios. See Section III. E
5. 1 set User Operating Manuals. See Section III. F
6. 1 ea. 360 degree prism from the manufacturer of the Surveying Instrument specified in Section
B. Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying Instrument
1. A Reflectorless Total Station Surveying Instrument is defined as an instrument that integrates
into a single coaxial unit an Electronic Distance Measuring Instrument (EDMI) that is capable
of measuring distances to glass prisms or to reflective surfaces without a glass prism, and a
digital Theodolite for measuring horizontal and vertical angles to the nearest two seconds of
arc by using dual compensators.
2. The Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Surveying Instrument (RMTSSI) will have the
following hardware configuration:
• The RMTSSI shall have an integrated radio and antenna for robotic operation of the
instrument using the Data Collector/System Control Unit described below.
• The instrument’s motorized functions shall be capable of turning from a Face 1 position to
a Face 2 position in less than 3.5 seconds and provide fast horizontal movement, up to
115 degrees per second.
• The instrument shall have two ports (connectors): One port will allow for connection of an
external data collector. The second port will function as an external power source
• The reflectorless range of the RMTSSI shall be no less than 300 meters to a vertical
surface with the equivalent of Kodak Gray Card (18% reflective).
• The instrument shall have an integrated compensator that provides jitter and tilt correction
for up to 6 minutes of horizontal misalignment.
• The instrument shall adjust automatically for collimation and tilt axis errors.
• The instrument shall contain a dual axis liquid compensator for deviation of plumb in
horizontal and vertical angles, which does not require calibration at startup.
• The instrument shall have the horizontal adjustment knob, the vertical adjustment knob,
and the telescope focusing knob on the right hand side of the instrument when the
instrument is in the Face 1 position.
• The instrument shall have a single ‘data collection’ button on the right hand side of the
instrument, when the instrument is in the Face 1 position. The data collection button, when
pressed by the operator, will trigger the instrument to measure a distance and angle to a
glass prism or reflective surface and send the collected data to an attached data collector.
• The instrument shall be capable of recognizing, tracking and measuring to a variety of
conventional prisms, not just the manufacturer’s proprietary prism assemblies.
• The instrument shall be capable of automatically scanning a ground-level surface within a
defined area, using a chosen grid interval.
C. Data Collector/System Control Unit
1. The system shall have a handheld Data Collector/System Control Unit (DC/SCU) for robotic
operation of the instrument.
2. The DC/SCU keyboard shall have a full alpha-numeric keypad capable of entering numeric
or alpha characters without pressing a shift key. It shall have separate navigation buttons, that
are not part of the alpha-numeric keys.
• The DC/SCU keyboard shall have a color touch screen, visible in direct sunlight.
• When detached from the RMTSSI, the DC/SCU shall have the option of interfacing with
the RMTSSI without cables, using ‘Bluetooth’ technology.
• When detached from the RMTSSI, the DC/SCU shall provide radio connectivity to the main
instrument body for robotic surveying. The radio shall be integrated into the DC/SCU.
Externally attached radios that mount to prism poles, belts, or back packs will not be
• The DC/SCU shall have the ability to perform Real Time Kinematic (RTK) surveys using
the City’s Trimble 5700 GPS receivers.
• The memory of the DC/SCU shall be expandable using removable media, both Compact
Flash and Secure Digital.
• Cables shall be provided to connect the DC/SCU to the RMTSSI, and to the Trimble 5700
• Brackets shall be provided for attaching the DC/SCU to a standard surveying tripod and for
attaching the DC/SCU to a prism pole.
3. The Operating System for the DC/SCU shall be the latest version of Microsoft Windows
Mobile that is compatible with the controlling software described below:
• The software for the DC/SCU shall be the latest version of Trimble Navigation, Ltd.,
‘Survey Controller’ available at the time of the bid award. Trimble’s Survey Controller is
the standard surveying software used by the City of Santa Ana for data collection,
construction staking, and GPS surveying. The operating system running on the
RMTSSI and the latest version of Survey Controller will be provided on a DVD or CD as
part of the RMTSSS.
• The DC/SCU shall be able to import data to, and export data from, a personal computer
running Trimble Geomatics Office and Bentley Inroads Survey softwares.
• The DC/SCU shall be able to collect and manage both GPS data and optical data from
the RMTSSI within the same job file.
D. Battery System:
Each Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System shall include a battery system consisting of
the following components:
1. Batteries: NOTE: Continuous operation is defined as one angle and distance measurement every 20
4 ea. On-board, removable, lithium-ion rechargeable battery, each capable of operating
the RMTSSI for a minimum of 5 hours of continuous operation.
1 ea. Multi-battery adapter that will hold at least 3 of the rechargeable batteries described
above and will attach to a standard surveying tripod for additional power for running
the RMTSSI total station robotically.
Charger(s) and other required components necessary to recharge 4 batteries of the battery system
simultaneously using a standard 110v AC outlet. All batteries shall achieve a full charge in 15 hours
or less. The chargers/batteries shall include overcharge protection, allowing the batteries to be
unattended during recharging.
All cables necessary to connect any external power supply to the RMTSSI system shall be
provided with the system.
E. Robotic Radios:
1. The RMTSSI provided under this purchase will be equipped with a set of spread-spectrum radios
for robotic operation of the RMTSSI instrument. Robotic operation means that the operator can
control the RMTSSI instrument while collecting data at the prism pole by means of radios that
maintain communication between the DC/SCU at the prism pole and the instrument.
2. The radio used at the instrument shall be incorporated into the instrument itself. Radios that attach
to the instrument by means of cables, or Bluetooth technology will not be accepted. The antenna for
the radio will be incorporated into the instrument and shall not be attached to the instrument or
tripod by any cables.
3. The robotic radio used at the prism pole will be integrated into the DC/SCU previously detailed.
Radios that attach to the prism pole itself, by any means, and are not integrated into the DC/SCU, will
not be accepted.
F. User Operating Manuals
The Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System shall include a complete set of printed and
bound User Operating Manuals for the bid RMTSSS, including all components and accessories. The
User Operating Manuals will also be provided in digital form on a DVD or CD disc provided with the
IV. THE RMTSSS SHALL BE COMPLETELY FUNCTIONAL
The Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System purchased under these
specifications shall include all necessary components and accessories required for field
surveying activities to operate the RMTSSI robotically, even if all the components are not
detailed within these specifications.
The cost of the Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey Instrument accessories (batteries,
chargers, antennas, brackets, cables, etc.) shall be considered as included in the unit bid cost for the
Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System and no separate payment will be made therefore.
V. TECHNICAL SUPPORT
A. The successful bidder shall provide a toll free telephone number for technical support of the bid
RMTSSI. This number shall remain in service throughout the warranty period for the total station survey
B. The cost of technical support shall be considered as included in the unit bid cost for the Reflectorless
Motorized Total Station Survey System and no separate payment will be made therefore.
VI. EVALUATION PRIOR TO AWARD
A. Prior to the award of the Purchase Order, the City of Santa Ana will evaluate the bid for conformance
with the specifications detailed herein. For this purpose, the vendor shall submit with the bid the
specifications for their equipment to confirm that their bid RMTSSS meets or exceeds the City of Santa
Ana’s specifications for this procurement. Any bid submitted without this documentation shall be
B. The City of Santa Ana will complete the evaluation process within 30 calendar days after the close of
the bidding period.
C. The evaluation shall be conducted by an evaluation team selected by the City of Santa Ana. The
determinations and findings of the team shall be final.
D. During the evaluation process the bidders may be given the opportunity to demonstrate to the evaluation
team the compliance of any portion of the RMTSSS with the specifications.
A. The Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System, including all components and accessories,
furnished under these specifications shall be warranted against defects in material and workmanship for
a period of twenty-four months. If the manufacturer's standard warranty period, for any component
furnished under these specifications, exceeds this period, the longer warranty period shall be in effect.
B. Warranty documents shall be delivered with the RMTSSS, including manufacturers’ warranty
information, registration materials, licenses, etc., for all the equipment and software furnished
with the specified system.
C. Warranty repairs shall be provided at a local factory authorized service and repair facility specified by
the vendor. The equipment shall be repaired and returned to the City of Santa Ana by the vendor within
ten working days of receipt of the equipment.
D. If a device is not repaired and returned to the City of Santa Ana within ten working days, the vendor
shall provide an equivalent loaner device to the City. The City shall have free use of said device until the
City’s device is repaired and returned for use. All shipping and shipping insurance costs (to and from)
for the loaner device shall be paid by the vendor.
E. All hardware and software upgrades available for any of the RMTSSS components, during the warranty
period, shall be provided by the vendor.
F. The cost of the warranties and upgrades shall be considered as included in the unit bid cost for the
Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System and no separate payment will be made therefore.
The vendor shall provide 18 hours of training, consisting of 3 6-hour sessions at the locations and times
approved by the Senior Land Surveyor for the City of Santa Ana. All of the vendor’s costs for the training
shall be included in the bid for the RMTSSS, and no separate payment will be made therefore.
A. The complete Reflectorless Motorized Total Station Survey System, including all documentation, shall
be delivered to the location designated in the City of Santa Ana’s Purchase Order.
B. Delivery shall be made within 30 calendar days after receipt of Purchase Order.
No payment shall be made to the vendor for any costs incurred during the bid or evaluation processes.
INVITATION FOR BID
CITY OF SANTA ANA
If you did not receive a pre-printed return envelope with this Invitation For Bid, cut out and securely affix
the address label provided below to your bid response envelope to ensure your bid is correctly routed.
1. The label must be attached with clear tape on the sides and top ONLY.
2. The label must be attached at least ¾” from the bottom of the envelope.
3. Use a standard business size #10 envelope.
IFB DATE: 11-01-07
BID NO: 07-101
BID DUE: 11-13-07, 2:00PM
SEALED BID 07-101
PURCHASING DIVISION M-16
CITY OF SANTA ANA
20 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA RM 429
SANTA ANA, CA 92701-4058
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA Affix proper postage
IFB DATE: 9-14-05
BID NO: 05-104
BID DUE: 10-3-05
SEALED BID 05-104
PURCHASING DIVISION M-16
CITY OF SANTA ANA
20 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, RM 429
SANTA ANA, CA 92701-1058
Allow ¾” or more
from bottom of
envelope to bottom
BID NUMBER: Page 4
BID DUE: (WO)
11-13-07 2:00 PM
“NO BID” NOTIFICATION
If you do not intend to submit a bid at this time, please complete the following and return this page only.
We do not offer this commodity / service.
Other commitments preclude our participation at this time.
The scope of work is beyond our current capacity.
Bid requirement too small for our company.
Cannot meet delivery / completion requirements.
Prior experience with City of Santa Ana contracts was unprofitable or otherwise
unsatisfactory. (Please explain in additional comments section)
Unable to bid competitively.
Bonding / Insurance requirements are prohibitive. (Please explain in additional
Insufficient time allowed to prepare and respond to bid request.
The specifications are either unclear or too restrictive. (Please explain in additional
Profit margin on municipal bids too low.
Remove our name from the City’s List of Bidders for this commodity.
Additional comments: _____________________________________________
Company Name _____________________________________________
Mailing Address _____________________________________________
Authorized Name & Title _____________________________________________
Please print and sign name
Phone Number _______________________
Fax Number ____________________