Warsaw, October 23rd, 2008
Torpol – a dependent company of Polimex-Mostostal
will modernize the E-65 railroad line from Warsaw to
Today, October 23rd, 2008, consortium, whose leader is
the company Torpol from the Polimex-Mostostal
Group, signed a contract worth nearly EUR 145 mln.
covering the second stage of modernization of the E-65
railroad line Warsaw-Gdynia.
The company PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. signed a contract with the
consortium whose leader is the company Torpol Sp. z o.o. covering
modernization of railroad line on the route Warsaw-Gdynia, stage II.
The project shall be carried out by the Consortium of companies:
- TORPOL pp. z o.o. (Leader)
- FEROCO S.A.
- Przedsiębiorstwo Napraw Infrastruktury sp. z o.o.
- „PKP Energetyka” sp. z o.o.
- Pomorskie Przedsiębiorstwo Mechaniczno-Torowe sp. z o.o.
- Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Technicznych „INTERCOR” sp. z o.o.
The value of the contract:
- net value EUR 144.590.536,40 (one hundred forty four million five
hundred ninety thousand five hundred and thirty six euro 40/100)
- gross value EUR 176.400.454,41 (one hundred seventy six million
four hundred thousand four hundred and fifty four euro 41/100)
Share of Torpol sp. z o.o. , a 100% dependent company of Polimex-Mostostal
S.A., in he scope of works and remuneration of the consortium comprises
36,97%, which is a net value equal EUR 53.456.339,48 (fifty three million
four hundred and six thousand three hundred and thirty nine euro 48/100)
On the basis of the contract “Modernization of the E-65 railway line Warsaw-
Gdynia, stage II”, the Consortium shall comprehensively modernize the
following railway routes::
- Legionowo – Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki,
- Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki – Modlin,
- Modlin – Nasielsk,
- Nasielsk – Świercze.
The Consortium shall provide modernization services including among
- track routes, including track surfaces and track geometry conditioning,
- substructure of the track,
- water drainage system,
- tele-technical devices and networks, including the traveler information
- traction network with 3 kV power supply components and remote
- modernization of railway crossings,
- construction of bypass roads and modernization of the existing
- construction of platforms and small buildings,
- construction of environment protection structures.
The construction works shall be carried out until October 31st, 2010.
Polimex-Mostostal started its business activities in the railroad and road industry in 2005.
In our opinion this industry provides extensive development potential for the future. Recently
we have signed another strategic contract for the construction of railroad infrastructure. In
September 2008 we signed a contract for modification of the railroad line E-30 from
Wrocław to Legnica worth 26,978,813 EUR (net value).
The Torpol Partnership, a member of the PXM Group of Companies, is a subsidiary of
Polimex-Mostostal S.A. It offers end-to-end services related with construction of
communication structures, in particular: railway routes and stations, tram tracks with the
traction network, roads, communication routes with lighting and supplementary
infrastructure – informs Konrad Jaskóła, President of Polimex-Mostostal.
Polimex-Mostostal is a leader of the construction and engineering sector in Poland. The company provides a
unique combination of services and products for companies from the petroleum, chemical, gas and
environmental protection, energy, as well as industrial, general, railroad and road construction industries.
The partnership is also an unquestionable leader among manufacturers of large-scale metal structures and
state-of-the-art anti-corrosion systems, as well as provides complementary maintenance of industrial
equipment for the petroleum and energy industries. Polimex-Mostostal is listed on the Warsaw Stock
Exchange and is among the companies of the prestigious WIG 20 index.
Additional information: Paweł Szymaniak
tel. +48 22 829 73 41
fax +48 22 826 34 75