C++ for Java Programmers
Type your answers below each question (no handwriting!). Please respond in
as much detail as possible (it’s part of your grade!). Please electronically (write
your name) sign and date all the pages on which you write answers.
2. Preferred phone number
3. Preferred e-mail address
4. Year (first-year, etc.), major, GPA
5. Characterize your usage of and experience with computers, for example, use for
Web surfing and word processing, guru, regularly hack into the Pentagon, took one
apart to install bigger disk or more RAM or faster CPU, built one from parts
obtained at flea market or garage sale, found one or more bugs in the Linux 2.4
kernel, read the Linux kernel source code for relaxation, etc.
6. Are you comfortable using Windows? What is your experience with Windows?
7. Briefly describe your most recent summer job, part-time job, or intern experience.
8. Are you currently in a full-time job? Are you a full-time or part-time student?
9. Do you primarily work from home, in the library, or in the lab? Do you own a
10. Briefly describe your hobbies and outside interests.
11. List the names of up to three classmates that you know best and with whom you
would be comfortable working in a small group or team.
12. Please make up a code name or number that will be used for posting your grades on
the Web. To protect your privacy, choose something that people who know you
would not easily guess.
13. List the names of all the courses you are taking this semester at Rowan.
14. Please look over the course syllabus. After attending the first lecture, do you
consider that all the course policies and objectives are clearly stated? If not, which
ones do you think are not clear?
15. Do you satisfy the course’s prerequisites?
16. Have you had any difficulty in finding the course’s main textbook?
17. Are you a student that is afraid to speak in class? If not, will you try to take
advantage of the extra credit offered for class participation?
18. Will you try to take advantage of the class discussion page, to post and answer
19. Why are you taking this course? What are your goals and expectations? What do
you want out of this class? Give a list of several specific things that you hope to
learn in the course.
20. Other comments and suggestions.