Mobile Suppor t- iPhone
Mobile Suppor t-iPhone Tutorials
How to Setup WKU Email for IMAP
How to Setup WKU Email for iPhone-IMAP
• From your iPhone, go to SETTINGS
• Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
• Select Add Account...
• Choose Other
• Select Add Mail Account
• Fill out Name as your first name and last name
• Fill out address as your entire email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Fill out your email password and then click SAVE
• Then make sure that IMAP is highlighted and put in the incoming and outgoing settings.
For example, for incoming mail server:
HOST NAME: mail.wku.edu
Password: your email’s password
For the outgoing mail server, set it up exactly as the incoming mail server settings
• Select Save
• Please be patient as your email we take a moment to populate from the WKU server
How to Setup WKU Email for Exchange
• From your iPhone, go to SETTINGS
• Select MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS
• Select Microsoft Exchange as the calendar you want to set up
• Then Enter your Exchange account information
Email = email@example.com
Domain = ad
Username = your active directory username
Password = your LDAP (Email) password
• Select next
• By default, the mail will automatically be set to sync with exchange
Please note if you turn on Contacts and Calendars to synchronize with exchange you will receive a
prompt to keep or delete existing contact and calendar info on your iPhone. If you decide to keep
it on your iPhone, then you may receive duplicate information. If you select delete, you are only
deleting the information from your iPhone. For good measures, I would advise to backup your contact
information of your iPhone either in Microsoft Outlook (For PC) or Entourage (For a Mac) before one
chooses to select delete.
With us, IT matters.
• For Microsoft Outlook/Entourage users, once setup is complete, wired synchronization from
iTunes is not required to update the data from iPhone to PC and vice versa. But it’s still recommended to
sync your iPhone from time to time in order do other features such as downloads and the creation of a
backup of your iPhone database.
How to Setup Voicemail
1. Begin by selecting settings, located on the iPhone main screen.
2. In settings select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Please select Add Account.
4. To set up your WKU account please select OTHER.
5. Please fill in your information and click save.
6. The new account screen should have IMAP selected at the top.
7. Please scroll down to incoming and outgoing mail server. The incoming and outgoing mail server in-
formation will be the same. The hostname will be mail.wku.edu. Please use your Ldap username and
password. Please click save when you are finished. It will take a few moments for your information to
connect to WKU’s server.
8. After you information has registered, you may scroll down and review your email properties. Cur-
rently your properties show default settings.
9. To review your email, please select the main iPhone button. Once you return to the main iPhone
screen please select MAIL.
How to Use the Applications Store
1. On the iPhone main screen please select the Apps Store icon.
2. A list of applications that you may add to your iPhone will become available.
3. Select the application you would like to add.
4. Select the FREE icon to begin download and select install.
5. You must have an iTunes account to install an application. Please enter your iTunes account informa-
tion and select ok.
6. You iPhone will return to the main iPhone screen. You will notice a new icon loading on this main
How to Update Firmware
1. Please connect your iPhone and open iTunes. Wait until iTunes has connected to your iPhone.
2. You will notice, in the grayed out Version section, an indication that there is a newer version of the
iPhone software available. To update your iPhone with the latest software, click Update.
3. iPhone Software Update information will popup, please select Next.
4. The Software License Agreement will popup, please select Agree.
5. Please wait while the software loads. Please leave your iPhone alone during this process.
6. If you receive an error message, your phone will be disabled until the firmware is completely down-
loaded. To correct the error please follow these steps: disconnect from your computer and restart. Once
your computer is restarted plug in your iPhone and open iTunes again. It may take a moment for your
iTunes to recognize your iPhone. If within a couple of minutes iTunes does not recognize your iPhone,
please try switching USB ports or proceed with a soft reset by holding the power button (located on the
top of your iPhone) and iPhone main button down at the same time.
7. You will see this prompt after your iPhone has refreshed. Please click ok.
8. Please select Restore and Update.
9. It may take a moment for your iPhone to restore.
10. After your iPhone is done syncing you will notice in the iPhone section that the Software Version has
been updated with the most recent version. The Version section will tell you that your iPhone software is
up to date.
Syncing Meeting Maker
1. To begin you must have outlook installed on your computer as well as the Meeting Maker Connector
for Outlook or MMCO installed, can be downloaded from the software center. Please reference the link
located in the address bar.
2. Once installed open outlook and click the meeting maker sync tab located at the top of your outlook
screen. The Meeting Maker icon on bottom of screen will blink to indicate it is syncing. As long as Out-
look is open every five minutes the meeting maker server will connect to your outlook automatically.
3. Please open iTunes and plug in your iPhone, wait for it to connect.
4. The first screen you will see will confirm your iPhone is connected to iTunes. Please click the info tab.
5. In the Calendars section select Sync calendars with, and choose outlook. You may also select more than
just one calendar.
6. When you are finished select apply or sync at the bottom of the screen.
7. To view your calendar on your iPhone, please return to the iPhone main screen and select Calendar.
Accessing WKU Wireless
1. Please select the settings icon located on the iPhone main screen.
2. Under the settings menu, select Wi-Fi.
3. Make sure Wi-Fi is ON, and that the WKU-Wireless network is selected.
4. To access the internet, please return to the iPhone main screen and select the Safari icon.
5. The WKU Wireless Authentication login will appear. Please select the Username field by touching the
field or using the “pinch” feature to make it easier to see.
6. Use your LDAP username and password and select continue.
7. You are now free to browse the internet.