Job Title: Operations Manager.
Reports to: Northern NSW Regional Manager Full-time Permanent
The Operations Manager is responsible managing resources and liaising with project partners in
the coordination and delivery of CVA projects. This position will provide timely and accurate
reporting and administration support to all members of the Northern NSW Regional Office and, in
particular to the Northern NSW Regional Manager and field staff.
Tasks & Duties:
• Managing project logistics for upcoming and recurring projects, including file and
• Managing project and office resources which may include, but is not limited to; vehicles,
trailers, tools, project budgets, first aid supplies and general equipment.
• Liaising with project partners in a professional and effective manner - primarily for
planning and organising the logistics of projects, taking note of specific work to be
conducted and any tool or accommodation requirements.
• Ensuring projects are adequately resourced as required in line with arrangements made
between CVA and project partner.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of a planned program of activities for
• Updating and maintaining information on the CVA database in line with required
timelines, producing reports as required, checking invoicing requirements and budgets.
• Providing support, assistance and training to the Team Leaders, Bush
RegenerationTeam Members and National Green Jobs Corps participants out in the field.
• Supervising the preparation of Team Leader reports and the database information
derived from completed Team Leader reports.
• Assisting in the coordination of international volunteer movements; including booking
transport and accommodation and communicating such details to volunteers.
• Providing general administration support to the Regional Manager.
• Working cooperatively within a small team to meet objectives.
• Office management, office administration, email, mail, general phone enquiries
• Telephone enquiries – answering incoming telephone calls and following up on all
general requests for information in a timely and accurate fashion.
Essential Qualifications and Attributes
• Full driver’s license
• Senior First Aid certificate or equivalent
• General interest in the conservation industry
• Previous experience with a volunteer or not for profit organisation.
Desirable Qualifications and Attributes
• Ocupational Health and Safety Level 3
• Defensive Driving Certificate
• Degree in Environmental Management or Certificates in Conservation & Land
Responsibility & Accountability:
• The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring all projects are planned and resourced
adequately on a day to day basis.
• The Operations Manager is also responsible for the provision of effective and timely support
to the Regional office.
• The Operations Manager is directly accountable to the Regional Manager.
The Operations Manager is expected to assist the Northern NSW Regional Manager in managing
all staff within the Region, including the provision of support and assistance to achieve the overall
External relationships with project partners, local and state government bodies and other industry
contacts are also integral to the successful performance of the Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is required to travel to various project sites, as well as other places
deemed necessary in planning and resourcing CVA programs and initiatives. It may be necessary
to stay away overnight whilst conducting CVA business
Remuneration & Benefits:
As well as a salary, the package includes:
• Fully maintained vehicle available for private use,
• Mobile phone for business purposes
• 4 weeks annual leave with a loading of 17.5%
• 1 week of paid volunteering leave with CVA
• Employer Superannuation Contribution of 9%
• Salary packaging options.
As CVA is recognised by the Australian Tax Office as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), salary
packaging is available to all full time CVA employees.
- $16 049 (nett) where the benefits exclude GST or
- $14 530 (nett) where the benefits include GST
In line with CVA Salary Packaging Policy, the option to salary package benefits is only
guaranteed as long as CVA retains the PBI status.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex and sometimes competing
resources and targets on a state-wide basis.
2. Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and manage the administrative tasks associated
with an office and as described in the position responsibilities.
3. Proven record as a successful first point of contact for a centre that services a variety of
external and internal customers and customer needs.
4. Demonstrated database management, record keeping and report writing experience.
5. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and experience in communicating
with a diverse range of people and organisations.
6. Experience in working with volunteers
7. Demonstrated ability to train and manage field staff
8. Capacity to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.