AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Registrar, AFI Conservatory
DEPARTMENT: AFI Conservatory
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Registrar is responsible for the maintenance of all official records and the management of
daily operations of the Registrar’s and Financial Aid Offices, including, but not limited to,
Registration, Commencement, database management, scholarships, verification services, and
degree tracking for all AFI Conservatory programs. Primarily responsible for overseeing
administrative activities, database management and security in the office of support services.
The Registrar interacts with administration, Fellows (students), faculty, staff, the general
public and other institutions, and must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, be
sensitive to collaborative relationships and provide innovation and leadership while
identifying and resolving problems under deadlines. The Registrar is responsible for enforcing
FERPA regulations campus-wide and will serve as a Designated School Official for U.S.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The Registrar will have a working knowledge of
Financial Aid processes and Veterans’ Benefits.
• Manage the Registrar’s Office and Financial Aid Office staff, budget and
communications, supervise strategic planning, project management and academic record
• Supervise in-person Registration two times per year.
• Maintain all Registration, Financial Aid and Fellow records for all AFI Conservatory
programs, including database management and security filing procedures and general
record keeping in compliance with institute and governmental policies.
• Coordinate Fellows assessment surveys.
• Oversee heavy data entry and database management for AFI Conservatory programs;
coordinate department mailing lists and other various database functions. Prepare and
maintain directory information and releases.
• Supports and coordinates graduation (diplomas, commencement, commencement
program and awards).
• With Associate Registrar, produce class attendance lists, evaluation forms, grade posting
and related materials for all AFI Conservatory programs. Prepare material for Fellow
correspondence, including confirmations, transcripts, letters of verification, and special
• Serves as the Chair of the Conservatory Policies Committee (CPC).
• Is a Designated School Official with a demonstrated knowledge of SEVIS.
• Coordinates Scholarship processes with the Director of Financial Aid.
• Is the Veterans Affairs Liaison.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requires a master's degree with academic preparation and training in student services,
higher education administration or related field preferred; at least five years of progressive
experience in a Registrar's office, or related office, in higher education is required.
Must have an understanding and knowledge of the overall operations of student services.
Demonstrated knowledge of issues related to administrative leadership, such as innovation,
resolution identification and fiscal management preferable. Successful experience working
with diverse populations, faculty and staff required. Must communicate clearly, concisely and
courteously, and be able to delegate responsibility. Computer proficiency in Macintosh with
extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, and database management is
required. Knowledge of registration software, including installation, conversions, and
enhancements is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of film, television, theater, multimedia,
animation or related arts graduate education is highly preferable. Demonstrated knowledge
of FERPA and SEVIS regulations. Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Aid processes and
Dean, AFI Conservatory
FULL-TIME X If full-time, number of months per year 12
PART-TIME _____ If part-time, number of hours per week
REGULAR X TEMPORARY ___
______________ ______ _____________________________
EMPLOYEE (DATE) SUPERVISOR (DATE)