Twelve Steps Twelve Traditions KAUAI
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives 1. Our common welfare should come first; personal progress AL-ANON/ALATEEN
had become unmanageable. for the greatest number depends upon unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one authority—a loving Summer & Fall 2009
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could God as He may express Himself in our group conscience.
restore us to sanity. (as of 8/22/2009)
Our leaders are but trusted servants—they do not govern.
3. The relatives of alcoholics, when gathered together for The Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups are a
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care
mutual aid, may call themselves an Al-Anon Family group, fellowship of relatives and friends of
of God as we understood Him.
provided that as a group, they have no other affiliation. The alcoholics who share their experience,
only requirement for membership is that there be a problem strength and hope in order to solve their
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. of alcoholism in a relative or friend. common problems and to help others do
4. Each group should be autonomous, except in matters the same. We believe alcoholism is a
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being
affecting another group or Al-Anon or AA as a whole. family illness and that changed attitudes
the exact nature of our wrongs.
can aid in recovery.
5. Each Al-Anon Family Group has but one purpose: to help
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve The only requirement for membership is
character. Steps of AA ourselves, by encouraging and understanding that there be a relative or friend with a
our alcoholic relatives, and by welcoming and giving drinking problem. There are no dues for
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. comfort to families of alcoholics. membership. Al-Anon/Alateen is self-
6. Our Family Groups ought never endorse, finance or lend supporting through its own voluntary
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing contributions.
our name to any outside enterprise, lest problems of money,
to make amends to them all. property and prestige divert us from our primary spiritual aim.
Although a separate entity, we should always co-operate Teenage groups known as Alateen groups
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, with Alcoholics Anonymous. are a vital part of the Al-Anon Family
except when to do so would injure them or others. Groups program. Attendance is restricted
7. Every group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining
to teenagers seeking help with problems
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were outside contributions.
that arise when alcoholism affects a parent
wrong promptly admitted it. 8. Al-Anon Twelfth Step work should remain forever non- or other close relative or friend.
professional, but our service centers may employ special
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our workers. Helpful Contact Information
conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying
9. Our groups, as such, ought never be organized; but we
only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that
may create service boards or committees directly Hawaii Area Al-Anon Website
out. responsible to those they serve. http://www.afghawaii.org
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these 10. The Al-Anon Family Groups have no opinion on outside 24 Hour Meeting Information
steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice issues; hence our name ought never be drawn into public
controversy. Hawaii 808.935.0971
these principles in all our affairs.
11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather
than promotion; we need always maintain personal Maui 808.242.0296
anonymity at the level of press, radio, films, and TV. We Oahu 808.546.5647
need guard with special care the anonymity of all AA
members. Al-Anon World Service Office
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our 800.344.2666
Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles above www.al-anon.alateen.org
personalities. or e-mail
The Serenity Prayer Wednesday
God, grant me the Serenity to Lihue
accept the things I cannot Wednesday Noon AFG #26395 Tuesday
change, Courage to change 12:00 noon., Lihue United
the things I can, and Wisdom Church, 4340 Nawiliwili Road Lihue
to know the difference. behind King Auto Center Alateen AFG #502929
5:30 p.m. Hale ‘opio Kauai Building,
Sunday Hanalei 2959 Umi Street, Lihue. Use door
Wednesday Winners AFG on right side, street level.
Sunday AFG #30787 6:30 p.m., Waioli Mission Monthly
11:00 a.m., portable in back of Church, at mile marker 3 on
St. Catherine School, 5021 Kuhio Hwy meets in the Kauai, Area 12, District 6 Business
Kawaihau Road. Congregation Hall Meetings: place and time will be
announced at Al-Anon Meetings.
Lihue No meeting scheduled
Kauai Adult Children AFG #30466
6:00 p.m., Lihue Lutheran Church, Friday
German Hill, 4602 Hoomana Road,
Friday CTC Sunset AFG #62853
Tuesday 6:00 p.m., Koloa Union Church,
3289 Poipu Road next door to
Koloa the white church. The Al-Anon Declaration
Easy Does It AFG #30517876
5:45 p.m., Koloa Union Church, Saturday When anyone, anywhere
3289 Poipu Road next door to the Lihue reaches out for help, let
white church. Saturday Steps/Tradition the hand of Al-Anon and
Study Group AFG #503952 Alateen always be there
10:00 a.m., Lihue Lutheran And let it begin with me!
Church, German Hill, 4602
Hoomana Road, Lihue