Web Marketing Project Manager
Queens is looking for an experienced and talented Web Marketing Project Manager who will
report directly to the Vice President of Marketing & Community Relations and take responsibility
for building Queens’ brand via the Web and other forms of new media. The ideal candidate will
bring a blend of technical, design, brand management and project management skills. S/he will
be responsible for managing the day-to-day maintenance of Queens’ current Web site, including
our content management system, our relationship with an external developer, and our “Web
Liaison” program throughout the campus community. The bigger opportunity is to help lead
Queens through the planning, design, development and execution of a next-generation Web
site. This will be the top priority for the coming year; once that is completed the Web Marketing
Project Manager will help lead the creation of a more robust digital marketing strategy.
• Play key role in Web site planning and innovation
• Lead the University through a comprehensive Web site redesign project, resulting in a
• Maintain and manage existing Queens.edu so that it is visually effective, easy to use,
• Manage a queue of Web site projects of varying scope and complexity, serving as first
point of contact for incoming requests
• Manage relationship with external Web development/hosting company
• Manage the internal Web Liaison program: conduct Web training sessions and
presentations; troubleshoot Web publishing tool campus Web Liaisons; provide technical
support; and help liaisons update their Web pages as appropriate
• Communicate project status with Web Liaison clients and University leadership
• Apply best practices in search engine optimization to ensure Queens ranks in natural
• Apply discipline in Web analytics and traffic measurement that enables continuous
improvement and conversion gains
• Create Web templates for consistency and usefulness as needed
• Create/modify forms
• Maintain brand standards outlined in Web style guide
• Maintain photography for all landing pages
• Create photo galleries, Flash animation and embed video as directed
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in common Web technologies including
(Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash, Fireworks, etc.).
• Approximately five years direct experience designing, building and maintaining
marketing-oriented Web sites, including demonstrated success with project
management. Directly relevant experience in an agency, business or organization that
required managing significant Web projects can offset years of professional experience.
• Working knowledge of various content management systems and Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of SEO best practices.
• Ability to successfully multi-task many projects of various sizes and priorities
• Solid knowledge of the project management lifecycle, including experience leading all
phases (initiation, planning, execution, closure, evaluation).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and customer service
skills that translate to all levels of management.
• Strong follow-up and follow-through skills with proven ability to deliver projects on time.
• High level of initiative and the ability work independently. Ideal candidates will
demonstrate history of taking ownership while going beyond assigned tasks to deliver
• Outgoing personality and collaborative spirit required to build and maintain positive
working relationships with multiple departments, personalities and vendors.
• Proven ability to constructively challenge co-workers, clients and vendors to achieve
• Exercises excellent judgment in analyzing and resolving complex problems and issues.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in related
field is preferable.
Candidates should submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org all of the following (1) a letter of
interest, (2), current resume (3) salary requirements or history AND (4) contact information on
three references. Be sure to include YOUR NAME and “Ref: WEBPM-MCR” in your email
Only candidates who best match requirements of job will be contacted. The position posting will
be removed from the website once an offer is extended and accepted. Due to limited staff
resources, phone calls can not be accepted or returned.
Queens University of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status or any characteristic protected by law. Queens is committed to recruiting, hiring,
and promoting qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. Any
individual with a disability who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with
Disabilities Act to apply for a position or otherwise to participate in Queens' job search/selection
process should contact the Director of Human Resources at 704-337-2297 or email@example.com
Queens offers medical/dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution
retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, vacation and paid holidays, tuition remission,
life insurance, flexible spending accounts, sick leave and long-term disability leave, free parking,
merchandise discount at the Bookstore, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, EAP, free
fitness center access.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive
university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart
of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students
through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian
School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication
and Hayworth College for evening programs.
~Posted December 8, 2008~